Kim Zolciak's Mother

Waging Legal War --

My Grandkids NEED ME!

8/31/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0831-kim-zolciak-tmz-courtIn true "Real Housewives of Atlanta" fashion ... Kim Zolciak's getting dragged to court by her own mother -- who's DEMANDING the right to see her four grandchildren, TMZ has learned.

Karen Zolciak filed a Petition For Visitation in GA Superior Court this week -- claiming she used to hang out with her two granddaughters all the time ... baking cookies, making sundaes and spending Christmas in the Bahamas.

Karen's petition also includes her two grandsons -- one of whom was born 2 weeks ago  ... and has yet to meet grandma.

Karen claims "Bravo TV needed drama for Kim's show 'Don't Be Tardy For the Wedding'" -- so they "portrayed her as a bad person" to strain the mother-daughter relationship.

Granny Z says it got so bad -- Kim and her new husband -- Kroy Biermann -- had the cops kick her out of their wedding because she used an indoor bathroom, instead of a porta-potty.

Now Karen is fighting back -- telling a GA court that NOT seeing her grandkids will cause "emotional or physical harm" to the kids ... claiming "the girls live such a crazy, abnormal life being on T.V ... they need a normal haven to relax."

A judge has yet to rule on the petition.

We reached out to Kim ... no word back yet.

baybek8s

Correction,Kim needs a storyline for her show. This foundation was laid early on thanks to the producers over at Bravo. I remember when Kim's father made her mother apologize to her on an episode of Don't Be Tardy For the Wedding. Kim's mother was laughing like a child whose parents were making them do something embarassing,but she did it for the sake of the show. Reality shows make me sick!!!!

Jen

Kim learnt from best, mom looked like a total drama queen who thinks the world owes her everything on their show. Kim was wrong to keep her close family out of the house, but when you see what a drunken mess the mom was it kind of made sense. I dont agree with grandparents having legal rights, my parents certainly don't deserve them (and luckily, don't want them). But kids who are the age that her older two are should be able to decide for themselves.

Rebecca

See y'all that say that grandparents have the right, I don't agree with. My mom tried this on me and the judge threw the case out cuz she couldn't prove that I'm abusive, unstable, or an addict. State of CA says that that's the only way a grandparent would have rights to their grandkids. I kept my kids from her....why? cuz she couldn't behave. Same thing with my father in law, he comes into my home and demands that I slave to him cuz his son's pays the rent so he can do whatever he wants. uh no....You can leave and don't come back until you can respect my home. My husband was mad but when an infumous night of my father in law throwing one of his sh*t fits in front of our friends, my husband banned his parents from seeing our kids until they can respect our home. Grandparents had their chance in raising their kids to their best now let their kids raise their own kids to their best.

VICKI

UNFORTUNATELY, KIM & KROY, KIM'S MOTHER DID NOT GET THE ATTENTION SHE WANTED AT YOUR WEDDING. SHE CERTAINLY DID NOT WARRENT IT EITHER. SHE IS JUST TRYING TO GET INTO THE LYMELIGHT AND MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOUR SUCCESSES. SO SAD.

clob

An exclusive?

Apparently you don't read tamaratattles.com.

She had the story a day before you did.

Telma

Her mother is a nut job...and needs too
much attention!

VICKI

SHE IS ANGRY SHE WON'T BE ON THE SHOW ANYMORE AND GET THE MONEY, ALSO SHE IS A DRAMA QUEEN AND WANTS TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION. PLEASE, BRAVO, DON'T BRING HER BACK ON THE SHOW.

cari

The parents have all say over their kids. grandparents have no rights. Sad in some cases I'm sure, but in most cases there is a reason the grandparents are estranged.

BoysNoiseNTX

I just read an article about “How Bravo TV Forever Changed Housewives,” and it's hilarious – and true! (Strategy Magazine gets the credit, offers this biweekly newsletter for free, and also has a print subscription available.) http://bit.ly/Tw9PCA

suziQ59

I believe there is more to the story on why Kim and hubby was afraid for her to be wondering around in the house unescorted she seems alittle creepy to me and looks like she may have some sort of drug problem..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3