David Chase

We Might Make a 'Sopranos' Flick ... But I Doubt It

9/6/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

090612_chase_launch
There may still be some life left in Tony Soprano ... if he wasn't actually whacked in that diner ... at least according to "Sopranos" creator David Chase.

Chase was at an event in NYC last night, when we asked him if Tony, Carmela, Meadow and the rest of the gang will ever appear on the big screen ... even though the HBO series ended in 2007.

Chase replied, "I would never say there was never a chance ... but uh, nobody's working on it."

Translation -- maybe????

Eldridge Cleaver

Fahk David Chase. Thanks for that stupid ending to a great show. If they ever make a Sopranos movie, I'm gonna get a bootleg and give it to everyone I know so a-hole Mr Chase makes no money.

Phishie from Philly

You need to make a movie to finish what you started. I didn't watch the Sopranos for all those years to have an ending like that. I don't want to use my imagination to figure out how it ends. Thats your job. This isnt a book, its a TV show. You started a job and didn't finish. If you don't want to do it sell it to someone who will. That's like buying a guy without wheels.
Phishie from Philly

stef

How would this be possible seeing as he did an interview not long ago and admitted Tony actually died at the end of Sopranos?

scoopie

No, David Chase, you MUST make a Sopranos movie or two, like Sex and the City did. It will net more than the show did. And we'll be so happy!

pat

See, that's what I meant yesterday. There isn't an original thought, or idea on Hollywood.

What's it going to take for these guys to come up with something fresh.

What's next. a Movie version of American Idol. So lame.

cobrazombie

One of the worst TV show endings in history... until LOST.

Carl

At this point they shouldn't bother. It will be like the second X-files movie that came out years after the series ended. Everyone has moved on and the movie bombed.

Jane

Translation: Anything is possible, but don't hold your breath.

I thought the ending to that show was a cop out. I think he was under a lot of pressure about the ending and knew no matter how he ended it, there were be backlash because there was no pleasing everybody. So, end it so everyone can make up their own ending. Yes, that would also get him backlash, but at least it let the show end however any viewer wanted it to end. I thought it was lazy of him, like he just didn't have the last ounce of effort left to give it an actually ending.

BC

Loved the Sopranos!

DaveT

The idea of ending Sopranos the way they did was to leave the viewers wondering whatever happened to them, especially Tony.
Hopefully somebody took Tony behind a building and put a bullet in his worthless head :D
David did a brilliant job with the character of Tony, making Tony a disgusting murderous narcissistic prick....but giving him just enough good qualities to leave people going back and forth on whether they liked him or not.
Of course, at the end of the day, Tony was a useless bastard who could have a sweetheart like Adrianna murdered.
Remember the scene when Tony set up Adrianna to be killed and on the drive with Silvio she was crying and hating what her life had become and wanting to start over and Silvio was all nice about it?
Then five minutes later...Silvio shot her dead as she ran on her hands and knees begging for her life?
Steven Van Zandt did an excellent job playing such an inhumane piece of sh-t as Silvio, very convincing...who knew Steven had it in him :D
The great thing about watching Sopranos was waiting and hoping to see Tony the Narcissist get his ass kicked and a bullet in the head.
But he never did.
At least as far as we know....
That's the brilliance of David Chase;)

Hank

I can't see why they wouldn't make a movie. Mob movies always do well and the Sopranos was the best so get working on it already!!!

Phishie from Philly

I wanted to see tony get his brains blown out. After all, he did it to so many people. I really would have loved to see the payback. But NO! The creator had to be creative and put all clues at the ending while everyone was waiting for a gun shot and a dead tony. Seriously you have to be a detective or something to figure out that ending. Come on, do an appropriate ending.

PitBullLover

i still watch the Sops on DVD it was a great show it was interesting to note how my attitudes changed about a lot of the characters after i watched it so often.....all of a sudden, their personalities and motives became much more clear after the 9th 10, 11th time of watching the series.....and not in any good way.....
one of the best shows on television no doubt about this. if anyone was a useless piece of crap it was AJ....his stories were hard to watch.....and carmela's insane mind set he would actually go to college or be something in life blew my mind....

ShellBell

How I wish there would be a movie!! And, it wouldn't bother me too very much for the opening scene to see the dude with the "Members Only" jacket open fire and off AJ and Meadow--that would only leave the hypocrite Carmela to have to repent and join a convent. Tony could continue on and join the circus where he'd actually portray the "sad clown" he always said he was! (:) }

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

I have the entire Sopranos collection and I watch it with the classics I re visit until that town makes something worthwhile again that isn't sucking up to the left wing and the freaking Mo brigades they shove down our throats all day every day. Great show, and I hate Hollywood.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments