Lattimer from 'The Program'

I Don't Abuse Dogs

... I RESCUE THEM!!!

9/12/2012 8:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0912_andrew_bryniarskidog_photo_launchThe guy who played Lattimer in the 1993 football flick "The Program" tells TMZ ... his animal cruelty arrest is total BS ... claiming the 25 dogs discovered in his Santa Monica mobile home are "rescues" that he was trying to place with loving families.

TMZ broke the story ... Andrew Bryniarski and his GF were arrested Saturday night after cops say they were neglecting the animals -- noting that several of the Pomeranians appeared sick and starving -- and claiming the home smelled like urine.

But Bryniarski says the cops are lying -- telling us, "Nobody cares for my dogs better than I do, or finds them better homes. These are lies ... and the only thing that smells like piss or maybe sh*t is the story from the Santa Monica Police Department."

Bryniarski tells TMZ ... "We bought the RV as a mobile adoption unit about a week ago to find good, forever homes for the majority of the poms, all of which we have raised ourselves or rescued."

So why would the cops make up the story? Bryniarski claims the City of Santa Monica doesn't want RVs posted up in the nice part of town ... and is doing anything they can to drive them out.

As for the dogs, we've learned all 25 are currently being held at the Santa Monica Animal Shelter ... but Bryniarski tells us he's doing everything in his power to get them back ASAP.

update_bar
10:50 AM PT -- A spokesperson for the Santa Monica PD tell us ... cops do not have an anti-RV agenda ... and only responded to Andrew's motor home after receiving multiple calls from tipsters who had suspected animal abuse.

scoopie

I believe them. And the urine smell was cause Kim and RayJ spent the night there at times.

Louise

I have 18 rescued cats (all altered) and I'm always worried about this happening to me too. I've had most of them for well over 10 years (not so good at finding homes when I don't know who I'm giving them to) They're all healthy but some of them were in terrible shape when I got them - if they had come and taken them then, I probably would have been charged with abuse, something that would NEVER happen!! I feel sorry for this guy and his girlfriend - must be a heartbreaking nightmare!!! :(

jdub

I'm sorry, but there is no way 25 dogs can be in an RV and it not smell like p*ss and s*it. That's way too many animals in such close quarters. I hope they are all found loving homes.

whatevs

Sure. That's what they all say. If you are a legit rescue, you get 501c(3) status and become a non-profit. If you start taking in dogs willy-nilly without going through the proper channels (and providing proper care) then you cannot call yourself a rescue.

jackmama311

sounds like he's ready to war it up....i wonder if he's rocking the face paint?

Louise

I just read the first article about this - no visible food or water is definitely cruel - no excuse in the world for that - and I certainly hope they weren't in those kennels full time. If an animal has to suffer while you try to find it a home, then it's better to take it to a no-kill shelter - no animal should have to suffer to be rescued!! Not sure about my original comment now.

Cirrus Unicus

Puppy mill s***bags.

shockingdark

Disgusting bästard. Hopefully someone teaches him an eye for an eye lesson. I'm up for a spit on his grave festival when he dies.

Kim

Wow this is typical hoarder lingo. Seriously, these people are dog hoarders, thinking they can care for the animals like no other when in fact they do not have the space or resources to care for them properly. Rescue people and authorities are well aware of these types. This man is a hoarder. Period. Thank God those animals are in better, safer, hands. Get some help man.

MISSA

Sounds like they are covering up what really is a hording problem or puppy mills which is even sadder. I hope these people get help and educated on how to properly take care of animals and the pups get good homes I would take one if I could.

BeezyMt

Nice.. Andrew is also Leatherface in the Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

shockingdark

If he says he was rescuing the dogs, then where was the food and water for the dogs? He's ****iñg lying. An eye for an eye justice will happen to him hopefully an maybe he'll be on the other end of the chainsaw blade he used in the movies.

tleet

This guy has been known to be a total douchebag. He does horror conventions due to his role as Leatherface in the crap Texas Chainsaw remakes. Egomaniac who's not very friendly. Doesn't surprise me that he would be doing this.

T.J.

Am I weird for actually believing him?

romba

There's no difference between a poorly-run rescue and a common hoarder's ****-shack. All the major animal seizures in my area in the last year have been from rescues-in-name-only. "I stacked Chihuahuas four high in chicken coops, but they came from a bad situation and I was trying to find them homes!"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments