'MasterChef' Graham Elliot

Ends Legal Battle

w/ 14 Bitter Ex-Employees

9/16/2012 7:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0916_graham-elliot_bravo
"MasterChef" Graham Elliot has ended his beef with some bitter ex-waiters ... agreeing to settle the lawsuit they filed against him and now the culinary god has to fork over some cold, hard cash.

According to court docs, both parties came to an agreement earlier this month. The judge signed off on the settlement and terminated the case on the same day.

The docs say Graham will pony up a "fair" amount to his former employees, but it's unclear how much.

If you recall ... Elliot was sued by 14 former waiters from his self-titled Chicago restaurant who claimed he violated federal law by pooling their tips and then redistributing them unfairly to bussers, bartenders, and food runners.

KnuckleDragger

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

Shutupanddrive

Good for them. This guy is a class A-1 tool. And he's no culinary god by any means.

Jeoff

He's a ass hole my partner is a erver ata 5 star hotel and resturant. This guy is a pig.

Jade

Never honestly understood tipping.. paying someone to do their job and do it politely. Why shouldn't everyone else involved be tipped?

BonitaBeaver

Master chef was fixed, sellout!

Seldombinlaid

It's a wonder the waiters didn't whip his tubby ass.

Mella Laverty

Why should he, the owner, have anything to do with their tips, unless he was doing a little double dipping.

erik

and they sided with the employees?!?! what the hell is wrong with people these days... as a restaurant employee, i'd much rather have my boss (the head chef), collect all of the tips and distribute it via the actual percentages that people deserve. waiters/waitresses are selfish jerks. they dont tip out the bussers and dishwasher nearly enough when those two are the backbone of the restaurant and ensure they get good tips.

i got shafted by one girl last night entirely. luckily my boss' said if the girls **** with my money they will get me my real number...

again, this is a bull**** precedent.

buzz kill

He looks like a child molester.

Toilethead

Did the fatass try to eat them?

Cricket

The restaurant serves delicious food. That's all I know or care about.

crazycatlady

Interesting. I worked as a server at a bar/grill here in Chicago a few years ago, and questioned the manager as to why we servers had to give a percentage of our tips to the bartenders, when the bartenders clearly make the big bank in an establishment like that. Her answer was because they make the drinks we're serving. Well, if that's the case, why aren't the bartenders giving the servers some of their tips since we're the ones delivering them? I'm not sure if it's standard practice or what, but I think it's ****ty and makes no sense.

Phishie from Philly

The master chef looks like a master eater.
Phishie from Philly

jokerchick

I assume he ingested them like everything else on this planet

CorkiDeCat

What would Gordon say… I thought he was the nice one…

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments