Brittany Kerr Apologizes

for Jason Aldean Hookup

'Lapse in Judgment'

10/2/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1001_brittany-kerr_getty

Brittany Kerr
has issued an apology for getting up close and personal with married country singer Jason Aldean ... chalking the whole thing up to a "lapse in judgment."

The former "American Idol" contestant says, "The actions I portrayed recently were not a representation of my true character, but a lapse in judgment on my part."

She adds, "I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone that has been affected by this, including my friends & family."

We broke the story ... Aldean put the moves on Kerr on the patio of a crowded bar on the Sunset Strip last week. Jason later issued an apology ... saying the whole thing was a drunken mistake.

Here's the question/inconsistency. Brittany told friends after we first posted the pics that she didn't know Jason was married. So, if she did know ... why does she now say she had a "lapse in judgment?" Just asking.

10_01_JASON_ALDEAN_PDA_FOOTER

Canuck

Neither one of these jokers appear drunk. Kick his sorry @ss to the curb & take him to the cleaners! Drunken mistake...psssssshhhhh, NOT!!!

Julianthe

They got caught, this is the only excuse for calling it a "lapse in judgement." This is the same crap Kristin Stewart pulled.

sniffle24

I thought she said she didn't know he was married...so now she's saying it was momentary lapse in judgment... so does this mean, she knew he was married which is why she's acknowledging that a mistake was made? I'm confused/.

Don

So now she's trying to remove the smell of scank. Ah, but she redeemed herself by apologizing to "her" family and friends. What about her "lapse in judgment" apology to the wife and kids of Jason Aldean? Hmmm

SrboTrbo

i guess this is jason aldeans "my kind of party"

lissabirdie

Yeah right they been hooking up for a while, you dont act like they did the first time you meet someone. They looked very comfortable together, and now they just got caught.

Rocco

Kristen Stewart thanks you.

nachomama

That's one ugly redneck. Isn't this the guy that also dated Model/Reality Show ~Big Brother's Cassie Colvin?

Gigohead

He is the slut and should apologize. I bet he never mentioned a wife! But she has a lot to lose in this case. She is a fledging wanna be.

Jamie

Is this the chick that was "bikini girl" on American Idol?

Karmagal

I guess yesterday the Jason Aldeen fans ripped this whore apart so bad she had to shut her twitter down.. Wasnt dude wearing his wedding ring? It takes two honey. He is DEF to blame but her " laps" in judgement does not fly. Those country fans will EFF her up. They are feisty.

Andy

She's right, it was a lack of judgement to do it out in the open.

miu

She said she did'nt knew he was married. Or was that a lie?
I mean if you make out with someone who is married but you think he's single, you don't have to apologise in my world... but she's apologising now so she obviously knew it. :)

DON4772

She looks a lot like Carrie Underwood. Hes a jerk . Dont know what she knew about his status. Fell sorry for wife. How can she trust him again.

Jordan

Britney has nothing to appologize for it is all on Jason he is the married man if he did not want to make out with a woman drunk or not he would have not.