Mariah Carey

Tells Barbara Walters Nicki

Threatened to Shoot Her

10/4/2012 9:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1004_mariah_carey_nicki_minaj_articleMariah Carey just made it clear -- TMZ was dead on when we reported Nicki Minaj threatened to shoot her.

Barbara Walters reported on "The View" today she spoke with Mariah, who said she was concerned because "Nicki walked off the set and multiple people heard Nicki say, 'If I had a gun I would shoot the bitch.'"

Walters says Mariah told her, for safe measure, she's hired extra security.

And, Walters adds, Mariah said Nicki has not apologized but told her she loves her ....HOWEVER, Nicki said they might be fighting again on "American Idol."

For her part, Nicki just tweeted, "I don't call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet.  Never needed an army. God is good.  Insecurity is as cruel as the grave."

Minaj continued, "I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we've had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn." So much for the truce.

As for Keith Urban (who was caught smack in the middle of the crossfire Monday) he told Extra yesterday he felt like "the UN" -- but added, "I love it, I gotta say. I love working with passionate people. I love artists. Everyone just sort of expressing themselves. It’s a very alive and very invigorating work environment."

Phoenicks

Nicki Minaj is gonna end up on another episode of "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong".
She needs to just keep to her "barbz" on twitter and just close her mouth before she says or does something that gets her kicked off the show, resulting in her playing the "race card", even though she's not the only Black judge.
AGAIN: what justification is there for her to be the judge on a singing competition when she can't sing and she's only been relevant for a cup of coffee?

Truth

Another day, another fake story.

Sally

I believe Mariah on this one. That ghetto freak would certainly be capable of shooting. You can take the bitch out of the ghetto, but you cannot take the ghetto out of the bitch.

Tammy

These two biotches are crazy, but only one of them have snapped mentally. Nicki, YOU need extra security because Mariah is a real, live mental whacko.

Vicky

This smells like a publicity stunt for this dying show. The Voice is 100 times better than Idol

KISS

Mariah Carey is milking this situation for sympathy and American Idol is milking it for ratings. Objective thinkers know the real victim here is Nicki Minaj. O believe her when she said the producers set this up. They're making Nicki look like a monster, when the real monster is that egotistic Mariah.

jl

I hope they both grab a gun, take dead aim and pul the trigger at the same time.

Cielo

Nicky Minah is a guetto girl she's just guetto talking Mariah is a scary cat, the protagonist of American Idol this season won't be the contestant and theri drama is the cat fight betwee those two excentric celebrities and their egos.....

Jackie

WOW....acting like a thug isn't cute Nicki Minaj...you're looking like a trashy moron in this fight. Funny Nicki likes to think she's hard ....MEANWHILE she barely looked at Mariah when she was "telling her off" when she was just 3 feet away...when Mariah spoke up she looked right at Nicki...LOL...Nicki Minaj is proving to be what I've always thought of her...SHE'S A CLOWN

Jerry in Dallas

You hear that click? It ain't my phone hanging up on you, it's my TV clicker switching the channel to something other than American Idol. ADIOS AI!!!

HRH Prince Michael

@MikeBTKO: "He who watches over you will not slumber, He who watches over Israel will not slumber
nor sleep". Act, like you don't know, SON.

Chase

MOOriah Scarey has ALWAYS looked like an ugly, fake-@ss, insecure bi*ch, and I'm THRILLED Nicki isn't intimidated by her & gives her $hit right back. Team Nicki!!! Still won't watch this cr@pfest, tho.

lissabirdie

Songs like "you a stupid ho" by Niki VS songs like "a hero lies in you" by Mariah ... I dont think I need to explain myself any further

jason

shows finished after this season if it even makes it through it....Who wants to watch a has been and a wanna be...

CaMeO

So after they make up, she just adds fuel to the burning out fire and publicizes the situation