Mariah Carey

Tells Barbara Walters Nicki

Threatened to Shoot Her

10/4/2012 9:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1004_mariah_carey_nicki_minaj_articleMariah Carey just made it clear -- TMZ was dead on when we reported Nicki Minaj threatened to shoot her.

Barbara Walters reported on "The View" today she spoke with Mariah, who said she was concerned because "Nicki walked off the set and multiple people heard Nicki say, 'If I had a gun I would shoot the bitch.'"

Walters says Mariah told her, for safe measure, she's hired extra security.

And, Walters adds, Mariah said Nicki has not apologized but told her she loves her ....HOWEVER, Nicki said they might be fighting again on "American Idol."

For her part, Nicki just tweeted, "I don't call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet.  Never needed an army. God is good.  Insecurity is as cruel as the grave."

Minaj continued, "I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we've had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn." So much for the truce.

As for Keith Urban (who was caught smack in the middle of the crossfire Monday) he told Extra yesterday he felt like "the UN" -- but added, "I love it, I gotta say. I love working with passionate people. I love artists. Everyone just sort of expressing themselves. It’s a very alive and very invigorating work environment."

michezulu

Please keep Keith Urban safe from the onset of violence.

yabbi

That Nicki, what a great Republican kidder. It's ok to be angry enough to shoot someone, just as long as you tell them you 'love' them.

Confused

I don't understand how 2 incredibly grounded, drama free, and stable individuals like this could be having these issues.

lew-b

SUCH UTTER BULL**** MARIAH! She did not say she had a gun? Literally all ****ing lies, I'm on Nickis side, Mariah is just stirring the ****ing pot, in the video you can hear Nicki say I'm sick and tired of your little jabs, Mariah started but for some people its just easier to hate Nicki than her.

John

What is it about all these neegers constantly causing some kind of disturbance? They're just not happy unless they're loud, threatening or violent

walter curtin

You do know that Mariah and Barbara have the same press agent right?

maria

I guess the singers will be second to these two pieces of trash. Keith, passion isn't on lunatic telling the other lunatic she going to shot her. That's Crazy Town.

johnn

Who is Niki Minaj ??? Why would she disrespect Mariah who has seen and done much more in her career than this Minaj person. I've never heard of Niki Minaj!! I won't be watching this nobody push around true talent like Mariah when she is most likely an auto tune using, sampling song stealing hack!!!

Kari

Minaj is so delusional...she thinks she's a great judge? Does she read? Does she listen? Nobody can stand having this no talent loser on idol. The upside--she's such a disgrace, Idol will end this season.

Rationalist

Wow! Didn't know "standing on my own two feet" meant you need a gun! Hey Nicki, take notes, educated people use words to solve problems. You must not have a very good vocabulary. Why don't you go to college instead of making ghetto empty threats to a Mother of two over a potential American Idol contestant you STUPID ghetto bitch!

Rationalist

With Nicki making violent threats toward Mariah while at work, the network has a huge liability on their hands. Nicki needs to be fired immediately. I smell lawsuit. BIG LAWSUIT!

ymcmb29

Actually, people who were there say it DIDN'T happen. Only people associated with Mariah say it did. Nicki, in this instance, I believe her. I can tell you from experience that Mariah is the crazy loon everyone says she is. A COMPLETE drama queen who HAS to have everything her way and tries to cause problems for those who don't bow down to her. She is so self centered that it's nauseating. Just another case of her trying to get people to like her by portraying herself as a victim. She's pathetic.

Rationalist

Danielle123

I don't even care for MC or NM. What gets me the most about this thing are the people that comment things like "Nicki should respect her because she's more talented and successful than her." I hope that's your hate for Nicki talking and not how you really view things, because if so, that's so sad. I'm in disbelief that people honestly think that way; that because you are more talented, you can just go around and disrespect people. That's crazy to me. In that case, we should all pucker up and kiss Mariah Carey's bottom, since she is a "legend" of course. Carey started with NM throwing jabs and she's supposed to sit there and take it like so many others do? I'm glad NM has some self-respect and you people stanning for MC need to gain some of your own. Carey doesn't give a flying **** about me or you. If we were in front of her, she would more than likely tell her bodyguards, "Get this peasant away from me." She views herself to be a queen and you Mariah stans are not helping the issue. I despise people that think that way and therefore, I despise Mariah Carey's attitude. It sucks that so much talent resides itself in a woman that is so bitter.

Jaime

Give me a break. Mariah vamped up her security? How dramatic. Everybody knows this is for RATINGS