Mariah Carey's Posse

Cops, Bodyguards,

Umbrella Holder

10/5/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1004_mariah_carey_pcn_article
Mariah Carey got a full police AND umbrella escort on her way out of an "American Idol" photo shoot in Baton Rouge yesterday -- 'cause the only thing more harmful than angry rappers are those damn UV rays.

Carey had told Babwa Wawa that she bulked up her security team after Nicki Minaj allegedly threatened to shoot her with a gun during their blowup earlier this week ... and Thursday she proved she ain't messin' around.

Sources tell us ... Mariah and Nicki both participated in the shoot -- and even posed for pics TOGETHER. We're told the shoot was peaceful, but it's clear the hatchet is not buried.

Tomorrow, the gang has another round of auditions ... and that's when tensions really start to heat up.

Stay tuned ...

gossipgirl86

Ugh I cannot STAND Mariah...NEVER HAVE...

Chuck

BS..Hype!!

Truth

REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER DEAD CELEB... MJ. NO DOUBT SOMEONE IS DIGGING AT FAT-RIAH'S NEW GRAVE PLOT. #TRUTH!!

laffnbear

Doing her part to fight black unemployment.

Awesome

If I had the money I would have an umbrella person. No joke. I hate the sun in my face.

monique

umbrella holder?
whatta whackjob!

lissabirdie

GAG me

able_walker

Don't forget....fat Jewish assistant.

She's baaaack

She's on a set surrounded by an entourage of at least six people, one of whom is holding an umbrella over her? Oh dear God.

She's baaaack

I'm surprised she doesn't have one of those portable throne-like litters to be carried around in.

fonzie

So a kids show is now hijacked because once again it's about adults acting like children and fighting and making threats. No wonder I quit teaching. This would go on all day in my classroom. Violent threats, ego, attitude. Disgrace.

adelle

Look at me! Look at me! Look at how important I am! I'm Mariah Carey! Look at how very VERY important I am! I am shaking so hard in my princess pink jewel encrusted heels that I need someone to carry an umbrella for me! I'm the most important person on the show! No, wait scratch that, I am the most important person on the PLANET! The more security I have around me the more important it makes me feel! I really only hired more security to stir up drama and because it helps to feed into my narcissistic self-important ego! Look at me! Look at me! I have so much security around me and that's how you know I'm just such a BIG deal! I'm Mariah Carey! I haven't had a hit in years, but I'm still a legend in my own lithium-infested mind! Can't you see what a big deal I am? I'm just SUCH a big deal and I need everyone to see what a BIG deal I am because if I don't have 50 different people around me at all times fussing over me, my God-complex might shrink. I am such a self-important a**hole and I need you all to know that deep down I'm very VERY insecure and I need you all to look at me and know I'm a very important person!!!

Susan Whittle

Hold the dang umbrella yourself....

GrannyJ

Being a Diva is fine, but being a drama queen makes her seem starved for attention. I am beginning to think Nicki has a point about Mariah being insecure.

Kari

THIS SHOW DOESN'T EVEN TRY TO BE ABOUT THE CONTESTANTS ANY LONGER, DOES IT?