Joe Jackson

I CARRY A GUN

And I'm Not Afraid to Use It

10/18/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101712_jackson_launch

Joe Jackson FLASHED A HANDGUN to a room full of people at a recent event in Vegas ... and told the crowd it's just like an American Express card ... he doesn't leave home without it.

The bizarre moment all went down while Joe was at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino in Vegas this weekend to be honored at the Black Music Awards (apparently that's a thing).

Joe was introduced by his friend -- Majestik -- who told the crowd a story about Joe confronting Michael Jackson's bodyguards two weeks before MJ's death.

During the alleged confrontation, Majestik says Joe flashed his gun at the guards and said -- "If I hear you all givin' my son drugs or doing anything illegal with my son ... I'ma kill all of you."

When Majestik turned the mic over to Joe -- JJ corroborated the story ... saying, "It's very true. Every word he said."

Then Joe told the crowd ... "I carry a piece everywhere I go ... I'm gonna show it to you."

Joe proceeded to open up his suit jacket, revealing a handgun holstered by his hip. Joe explained, "I've been threatened a lot of times and so I need to be safe."

We reached out to Joe to see if he is even legally allowed to pack heat -- but so far, we have yet to hear back.

Cookie

The only value Joe Jackson has is as a poster eedjut for gun control!

Cookie

Joe Jackson is a great poster eedjut for gun control!

Dick

Joe Jackson is an ignorant, uneducated gangsta wannabe fool. He did absolutely nothing to prevent his son from killing himself with drugs. He is a despicable excuse for a human being.

JimmyB

He'll finally get his wish: Michael will be paying his bills.

WackJob

Crazy old coot

Marie

Joe Jackson knows Dr. Murray gave his late son Michael the drug propofol that killed him yet Joe Jackson didn't use his gun on Dr. Murray. Why is that?

William Moriarty

Why would anyone wonder why Michael was so messed up?

ctw241

No wonder the entire family are complete whack jobs!

GrannyCares

President Obama mentioned in a response to a question on October 16 that we need to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazies. Wonder how he would classify Joe, and what he would do about his gun? Wonder if he would find Joe "OFFENSIVE"?

weedo9

I thought it was against the law to publicly expose a weapon? even if you have CWP. I guess it's who you know.

Spencer

Hey Joe..... Its not only illegal to carry any weapon in a casino, its against the law to show it. Its called reckless display of a firearm, and the LV Police should have immediatly arrested you. You old fart

DBV

THIS GUY LOOKS LIKE A CREATURE FROM THE STAR WARS BAR..ALMOST AS WEIRD AS HIS SON BUT WITHOUT PLASTIC SURGERY

poor relative

Get a life you pathetic old man!

Debbie

He looks like wax melting !!!

Ed Wysocki

Okay, how did he get into a Casino carrying a weapon. Casinos' are very strict about that rule. Oh wait, what was I thinking, he is black, and an MJ family member............anyone else would have been thrown out. He should have been asked to leave after flashing the weapon. Two sets of standards here I see...............