« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Sorry Nike ...

I'm an ASICS Man Now

10/22/2012 6:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1022_lance_armstrong_Splash_02
Lance Armstrong has GIVEN UP on Nike ... after Nike gave up on him ... 'cause the disgraced athlete was sportin' a pair of ASICS while jogging in Texas this weekend.

As we previously reported, Armstrong was dropped by nearly all of his sponsors last week ... in the wake of a report by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency in which Armstrong is accused of being one of the worst cheaters in the history of sport.

In addition to being banned from cycling for life, Armstrong was also stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles early Monday morning.

Plus, several major Livestrong donors are calling for their money back ... claiming they were duped into donating to the charity "based on a fraud."

Despite the criticism, Armstrong -- who stepped down from his role as president of Livestrong because of the scandal -- wore his yellow bracelet on his wrist this weekend.

The charity vows it will continue to raise money for cancer research ... even without Lance.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Scary

Am I the only person who doesn't really care if he doped? Does anyone really believe that many top athletes aren't using whatever they can to gain an edge? And I agree with Harvey...why is one type of enhancement ok, but another is not?

Peter Sc

He still placed first in all 7 Tours. I saw it on Television. I don't give anything for evidence from people who have admitted being drug-users.

People like Eddy Merchx won the tour and they were caught and they are still listed as winners. Merchx was caught 3 times. A two time winner like Thévenet has admitted that he based his career on doping. They are still listed as winners.

I don't understand why they didn't let the past rest because it is hard to find even one rider during the last 90 years who have been clean when he won the race.

If you really want to fight doping then drop letting your children to do sports. Without participants the doping will go away.

kburn

Testicular cancer can happen due to steroid use, my brothers friend got it that way, just sayin

mebrat24

the guy is worth 125 million--- how many people think he would be worth that much if he hadn't been a liar about dopping. How about the ones that followed the rules and didn't cheat- what would they have made or how would there life been like if it wasn't for this disgusting cheater.

Lee

I have just lost so much respect for this man. I don't know all the facts, does anyone?? But I still can't help but feel he 'duped' (or doped) everyone.
Shame.

Jen

Just as Harvey said, these sponsors are still putting their money into guys that did way worse than anything Lance has been accused of, and I personally don't believe he did it anyway. If you think Nike was right to drop him, but buy a Chris Brown album or watch Michael Vick then you are a hypocrit.

Revelations

Nike is full of crap, they drop Lance but they still are in partnership with that s***bag tiger woods

buzz kill

The Bernie Madoff of cycling.

Dannielle Blagmon

lol, Lance better hope all these sponsor and endorsement companies don't coming knocking for their money back. On the news today they said that Nike, US Postal Service, and several others might demand their money back.

Poule

Put his damned bike in jail and tell me if you think
HE IS GOOD IN BED ?

Jerry in Dallas

YUCK!!! Put a shirt on...PLEASE!!!! At least when you were riding you had the sense to wear that stupid yellow shirt! Gross, just gross!!!

BBB

This isn't a pro or con Lance Armstrong statement, but Livestrong does not raise money for cancer research. They raise money for cancer awareness.

Poule

I would do him, that's a nasty picture, easy trick.
He is normaly built for a pro, you guys fon't know nothing about cycling, nothing !!

You have this fcked up image of a body builder in your head, or Mr Bill lifting weights at the gym.

Look at the fat asses playing baseball, or the bulls playing soccer, cycling is not part of your culture, so....You just don't know, they all have that body.

Poule

myopinion

They don't speak for me! I love Lance he has done a lot for the community and donated over 270 million dollars for breast cancer research! Best of Luck Lance!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments