Lil Wayne

Trial In Jeopardy Over Seizures

10/27/2012 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1025-lil-wayne-getty
Lil Wayne's medical emergency Thursday could derail his trial ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the case tell us, Wayne was scheduled to testify Friday but just before noon Thursday the judge was informed the rapper had a seizure out of state and was going to the hospital. As a result, court was dark Friday.

Wayne is suing Quincy Jones III over a documentary QIII did on him, claiming it's a "scandalous portrayal." Wayne also alleges producers didn't have the right to use his music in the flick. (You'll recall the hilarious deposition tapes we posted.)

092412_lil_wayne_one_liners_launch
Our sources say they've been told it is "unlikely" Wanye will be able to testify on Monday and there is a "real chance" Wayne will not be witness ready for a significant period of time.

Here's the problem. The case is being heard by a jury, so it's unlikely the judge will grant a continuance because it would unduly disrupt the jurors' lives. There are 2 other options ... declare a mistrial, or force Wayne's side to present its case without him.

We're told lawyers for Wayne will inform the judge Monday morning on Wayne's status.

TMZ broke the story ... Wayne suffered what we're told were 2 seizures on a private plane Thursday and was hospitalized until Friday afternoon. Although a woman claiming to be Wayne's rep says it was just a combo of dehydration and a migraine, people repping Wayne in an official capacity tell us they were told he suffered 2 seizures, which is consistent with what the pilot radioed to ground control.

Stay tuned.

Truth

TIME TO DO A R.I.P. WRITE-UP ON THIS FOOL... YALL KNOW WIKI PEEPS HAVE THIS ALREADY PREPARED. #TRUTH!!

Truth

IF WAYNE GETS CREMATED THE ONLY THING LEFT WILL BE THE GRILL. NO PROBLEM... OFF TO THE METAL RECYCLING FACTORY. DREAM IT. THINK IT. DO IT. #TRUTH!!

cobrazombie

Damn, that "dehydration" illness gets around, doesn't it?

Cheryl A.

This man needs medical help. Perhaps, as some indicated, they are "drug induced" but what if it is truly an emergency, such as a brain or spinal tumor. These hospitals that discharge him after only a few hours could really be made to pay if they overlooked something. Especially the 2nd hospital who knows he was just in another hospital the day before with the same problem.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

That is such convenient timing. My thoughts are that they had to say seizures because no one would ever believe the exhaustion and dehydration story on anyone who looked that sweaty and slimy. Maybe the next seizure will be fatal. Oh well.

LISA

I guess his admitted cough syrup addiction has finally caught up with him. Long term abuse or overdose can cause seizures or Dystonia.

Lee

Fake seizures to get out of going to court for a fake lawsuit!! Figures

pancake

pill popping bro! he cnt smoke or drink or do coke or he would go to jail

notalawyer

Maybe they can find a way to sentence him to life without parole .... for being a douche

oink

He is losing the court case so he pumps up the drug use

Laura

Excessive drug use can cause seizures, or using the wrong combination. That's what happened to Demi Moore last year.

buckwheat

Are these pics of his last two Halloween costumes?

ManiacalZebra

If he's not ready for trial, he should have the case dismissed. There is no point in dragging it out. If he tries to drag it out, he should have to pay double the defendant's legal expenses since they are ready to go now.

MLS

If he's having seizures, then I hope someone is telling him he will be alright. At first it is pretty scary, you can have some visions that you can't understand, and you feel so strange.
I was 27 when I started having them, so mild that the doctors couldn't figure it out at first.
I was a Navy Air Traffic Controller and the seizures brought my career to an end, abruptly.
I thought my life had ended too, but medication got me through it, I adjusted my lifestyle, and eight years later I was seizure free and removed from the medication.
Life goes on, maybe not the same, but humans are good at adapting, and I hope he is too.
Seizures suck, whether natural or drug induced.

Asip

Wishing Wayne get well soon. We all read that his camp say it was not a sz. But a pilot will not do an emergency landing for a H/A- miss me on that. This was a wake up call for Wayne..yeahh we like to partay but someday that partaying will catch up with ya. But as for his court case that's misdemeanor compared to his health.. I enjoy Wayne music and I pray that he continues his great success..Get well soon...muahhhh.. P.A.Tx

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments