Kid from 'Shameless'

It Pays to Be on Showtime!

10/28/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1026-emma-kenney-amara-miller

Name: Emma Kenny ... aka the kid on "Shameless"
Age: 13-years-old
Pay rate: $12,000-PER-EPISODE (plus yearly raises!)

Name: Amara Miller ... aka the kid on "1600 Penn"
Age: 12-years-old
Pay Rate: $20,000 PER EPISODE!!!!

Both Emma and Amara have filed their contracts with L.A. County Superior Court so the judge can approve their deals (as all underage actors are required to do in California).

According to the docs, Emma started off making $12k per ep when "Shameless" premiered back in 2011 ... she got a 4% bump for Season 2 ... and will get another 4% bump for Season 3.

Amara's show, "1600 Penn" is set to premiere on NBC in the near future ... but there's no guarantee it'll even last half a season ... and NBC is notorious for pulling the plug early (R.I.P. "Animal Practice).

So, the question -- if you were a kid actor ... and could make $12k-per-ep on an established show ... or $20-per-ep on a show with an unclear future ... which would you pick?

Discuss.

NOT ELMO

Me need a Loan :)

Phishie from Philly

I hope we aren't looking at the next Lindsay & Amanda. I hope they have smart parents.
Phishie from Philly

Leave It Alone

Steady paycheck for me please!

Whome?

$12k kid. She'll get residuals and reruns and make even more if he goes into syndication.

jayman419

Depends on the role. Obviously, you need to be in about twice as many episodes to make the same amount of money.

But if you don't want to do the very simple math... If 160...0 Penn gets a standard half-season order of 13 episodes, and that's it, she'll walk away with $260... grand. The kid on Shameless will need to be in more than 20 episodes (just about two seasons) to make that same amount.

Michelle

$12,000 GUARANTEED money. Their parents/agents must rightfully advise these children. Sad that every time I see a 12 year-old actress, all I can think about is what a train wreck Lindsay Lohan is and hope these little girls don't take a similar path. Best of luck to them.

GOLLY

Crap!!!! I liked Animal Practice. One of the few decent original comedy's out there. IT HAD A MONKEY !!!!! everything now is a modern family copycat. I don't like modern family.

Jenn I

I love Debbie! She deserves the 12k an epi. Love this show :)

Serena

Such a small age and earning in the start of life, they are really on their way to success.

Tom Tucker

The future of shameless isn't guaranteed either.... so it's a gamble either way. That being said........future job roles shameless would look better on a resume than a failure. so the current salaries don't matter