Kelsey Grammer

We Took Baby to Hef's Party

'CAUSE WE COULDN'T FIND A SITTER

10/30/2012 1:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1030_kelsey_grammer_article_tmz
Kelsey Grammer tells TMZ ... the reason he took his 3-month-old daughter to a raging Halloween party at the Playboy Mansion Saturday night is because he just couldn't find a good babysitter.

Kelsey just sent us a statement ... explaining, "Kayte is breast-feeding and we do not have a nanny or a trusted baby-sitter at this time, so Faith goes everywhere with us."

We posted a photo of baby Faith sleeping in the VIP area at the party -- we're told the Grammers partied past midnight.

But Kelsey insists he and Kayte took proper precautions ... saying, "The baby slept as her ears were covered the entire time and we left shortly after midnight."

He adds, "We love our child. Kayte is my wife and lady love (who is 31 and goes by the name Kayte Grammer, by the way, not Walsh)."

Kelsey ended his statement with a rhyme ... "The world is round. All our eyes are blue. Happy Halloween and Cock-a-doodle-doo!"

spliffsmommy

any normal working stiff would be trying to get their kid back from cps right about now...who takes their new baby to a herp/germ/booze/skank fest?

Diamond

This was not a rager in a converted warehouse. It was a party in a mansion with many rooms where Faith could be safe and cared for.

GothamGirl

At his age, with a new baby, the fact that he even wanted to go to such a party speaks volumes about his lack of development!

Sherry

If you couldn't find a sitter, then you should have stayed your dumb ass home, like normal people.

victoriaraine98

You have to be kidding me. I agree with Ashley normal parents would have stayed home if they cannot find a sitter to watch there child don't take this to a drunken party. I don't give an crap if it's at the bar or the playboy mansion an baby does not need to be at an party were drinking is going to be things can go wrong in an eye of an second that can cause an baby to be hurt. I know parents need to go out and have an good time but find a sitter if it's an family member or an good friend you trust and if cannot find an sitter stay home.

Lily

Child Services should investigate this incidence. The welfare of the infant was in danger.

dd

You are just plain weird, what your wife is so insecure she couldn't stay home with the baby?

supermom

WTG- you just proved to the world that you are nothing more than a spoiled child and your flavor-of-the-yr or two- wife is an idiot! Looks like Camille was right!

supermom

baby faith the youngest bunny...hopefully she doen't come home w/ crabs in her diaper!

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

This story especially disturbs me because I've attended a number of these Playboy parties (Hef and I used to...well, that's for another time....), but I am known to get quite wasted, and if I encountered some sleeping little brat, I know I would have mischievously tried to feed it alcohol and cannabis, just to watch the results, because I'm a hilarious prankster. But I'm not the only one, and it's amazing the little kid survived. Parents should be arrested, period.

kristin

hmmm...heres an idea, if you cant find a good sitter for your baby then do what any other good caring parent would do and STAY HOME! When you are a parent you have to make sacrifices for the good of your children, a wild party at the playboy mansion is clearly not the place for an infant, they should both be ashamed. Just sad

Lala

RADISHES ON YOU GRAMMER!!!

THe baby's ears were covered with WHAT? I looked at the earlier posted picture of the baby (who apears to be placed on a banqette/sofa... in a CARRIER ... THAT is SAFE)... I see NO kind of ear protection but a baby blanket...

YOU ARE A COMPLETE CREEPER GRAMMER!!!

CAMILLE IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU!!!

Olivia3100

Normal people stay home but I guess celebrities aren't normal. The child will not be harmed by the outing but if parenting takes a back seat to a party, there is harm down the road for this little precious.

SusanInFlorida

Kelsey and his wife should really rethink their priorities. No babysitter? That's easy...DON'T GO TO THE FREAKIN PARTY!!!!!

l

She can't pump and a sitter could feed the baby with a bottle? Also, TMZ look for photos, I think Kayte GRAMMER had a drink in hand...so unless she's pumping and dumping, no need to have the baby there.