Kelsey Grammer

We Took Baby to Hef's Party

'CAUSE WE COULDN'T FIND A SITTER

10/30/2012 1:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1030_kelsey_grammer_article_tmz
Kelsey Grammer tells TMZ ... the reason he took his 3-month-old daughter to a raging Halloween party at the Playboy Mansion Saturday night is because he just couldn't find a good babysitter.

Kelsey just sent us a statement ... explaining, "Kayte is breast-feeding and we do not have a nanny or a trusted baby-sitter at this time, so Faith goes everywhere with us."

We posted a photo of baby Faith sleeping in the VIP area at the party -- we're told the Grammers partied past midnight.

But Kelsey insists he and Kayte took proper precautions ... saying, "The baby slept as her ears were covered the entire time and we left shortly after midnight."

He adds, "We love our child. Kayte is my wife and lady love (who is 31 and goes by the name Kayte Grammer, by the way, not Walsh)."

Kelsey ended his statement with a rhyme ... "The world is round. All our eyes are blue. Happy Halloween and Cock-a-doodle-doo!"

Michelle

No baby sitter= stay home. They both look ridiculous for taking their child to this adult party.

lst

When my husband and I can't find a sitter for our kids, we stay home. Just a thought.

LiveOutLoud

I've lost all respect for Kelsey. What a nut.

baybek8s

Yeah right! I guess Kelsey has he's own version of "Teach the child in the way they should go." (Paraphrasing Proverbs 4: 22).

realitychecker

Kelsey, you are acting like a teen parent. Any responsible parent would have stayed home if they could not find a trusted babysitter or nanny. You have had almost a year to search for one and with your "celebrity" and money you haven't been able to accomplish this? Maybe you can't find one that you trust won't sell your secrets, i.e., drug use and control of Kate behind closed door?

bring back recent posts

....um yes...a nursing tired Mommy would just love too chill at the playboy mansion on any occasion....what a idiot...he could have stayed home and put on his costumes that I understand he enjoys...which is totally fine..at least mommy and baby have their comfie zone..just saying!!!!!

Raejean

Responsible parents under similar cir***stances JUST STAY HOME. Their social lives and show-biz connections and partying are not more important than their kids.

Immature, self-indulgent people, both of them!

Anon

Well Kelsey and KaYte sometimes can't act like spoiled children and need to stay home with their newborn child instead of going to a Playboy party.

RM

Not buying it! When he was with Camille they had 4 nannies.

BeSerious

Uhm, last time I heard a rational person speak, if you don't get a good sitter, then you do the RIGHT thing and stay home. Just saying. And what is with that stupid rhyme at the end? This guy is not holding all 52.

Anon

Since the poll this morning showed that 91% had a negative view of Kelsey and KaYte's parenting, I'm thinking these comments defending him are from his PR team.

Judy

When my children were little and I could not find a sitter my husband and I stayed at home. No party is that important that you had to take a 3 month old baby to the Hef''s house. You could have called a baby sitter service. You can afford it or are you really that cheap? I also understand you have an older daughter. I'm sure you could have called her.

Betty

Idiots!~ What an irresponsible thing to do!

kathy

No big deal! We took our kids to parties and we were totally responsible. There are people in the news that leave their kids home alone! Give them a break!

Rose

Disgusting!!! Child welfare should get involved! Horrible parents they are, keep ur A S S home!