Kel Mitchell

Kenan Wants Nothing

To Do With Me

11/23/2012 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1121_kenan_kel_02
Don't count on ever seeing the "Kenan and Kel" reunion you always hoped for -- because Kel Mitchell tells TMZ, Kenan's dropped him like a hot potato ... and is actively avoiding him.

Kenan Thompson -- who starred with Kel in a million different Nickelodeon projects back in the day -- is currently developing a new comedy pilot with NBC, so we reached out to Kel to see if he'd be making a cameo.

BUT OUR DREAMS WERE DASHED TO PIECES.

Kel tells TMZ, “The truth is Kenan does not want to be seen with me in any form of media, or even have my name mentioned around him.”

Kel says he nearly reunited with Kenan for an interview with a popular magazine but Kenan pulled out at the last minute ... and he thinks it's because Kenan's still trying to separate himself from his old co-star.

But Kel's not bitter, explaining, “I have not been upset about this. I respect his choice of wanting to make a name for himself solo.”

“There is no bad blood on my side, I’m not declining a reunion, I know the fans love the show and would love to see some type of appearance with us … I just don’t see that ever happening because of how he really feels.”

We reached out to Kenan's camp multiple times -- but our calls and emails were not returned.

Awwwwww here it goes ... never again :(

Bridget

No more orange soda? :sniffles:

david96706

Welcome to GoodBurger an Orange soda ...ah the childhood memories.

OH NO!

Kenan does not want to share any of his food.

Leslie

And to think Kel stayed off/chose to not audition for SNL out of respect for Kenan. Kel's always been funnier anyways and could have had a bigger career, but unlike Kenan (and a lot of Hollywood) he is not ruthless in order to succeed.

just because

I always liked kel better...keenan is not funny at all...i have no idea why they hired him on SNL, o wait because no one is funny on SNL thats why i never watch it...go KEL

just because

plus kel is more of a mans man and keenan is a prissy bitch made type of thinks hes funny when hes not type of man

just because

kenan is like the katt williams of public image and kel is like rg3 of underrated qb's

Truth

WHO??? NO 1 CURR!!! #TRUTH!!

Spicy mag

The fat guy really is not funny on SNL.

Melissa1987

Aww I always liked Kel better. No offence to Kenan. Kel was always the funny one. And Kenan's sketches on SNL are always uncomfortable to watch cause they are not really funny.

Tmzfan

I bet there's more to this. I'm thinking Kel has issues and Kenan is being respectful and not speaking about it.

ChuckA41

I only see that dude from "Good Burger" when I look at him. Damn that was an annoying character. I don't know if he's really funny, but I understand staying away from the burger guy.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Welcome to Good Burger home of the Good Burger...

My kids loved Good Burger, I've seen it a hundred times and Kel is definitely the funnier of the two.

I'm not going to make any judgement against Kenan, I know how TMZ likes to put a malicious spin on things.

Delaware D

I was wondering if they still spoke. wow.

Meanie