Edward Furlong

Allegedly Exposed

6-Year-Old Son to Cocaine

12/17/2012 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1214_edward_furlongTroubled actor Edward Furlong exposed his 6-year-old son to cocaine and should NOT be allowed to be near the child without strict supervision ... this according to court docs filed by his ex-wife ... but Eddie claims it's all BS.

Furlong -- who starred in "Terminator 2" and "American History X" -- appeared in court Friday to fight a court order which forbids him from being alone with his child.

FYI -- Furlong's custody rights had been severely reduced back in November after his ex-wife filed docs claiming the kid tested positive for cocaine after spending time with Edward. Furlong has a storied history of substance abuse.

But Friday in court, Furlong argued that his wife is a liar ... who will do or say whatever it takes to "alienate me further from my son and destroy my ability to work."

In the end, the judge didn't buy what Edward was selling -- and refused to change the custody restrictions already in place. During the hearing, the judge also expressed concern about his poor physical appearance.

Furlong has been on a downward spiral for years ... and was most recently seen wandering the streets of Skid Row in Downtown L.A.

We reached out to Furlong for comment -- so far, no word back.

svt

I'm almost positive he can get a cheep drink in a bar somewhere around the skid row area. You know just to pass the time a bit easier.

TigerLily

I can't imagine a 6yr old would possibly know what to do with cocaine. Just not part of a world of mine. So sad that irresponsible people decide to have children.

andy

" Allegedly Exposed 6-Year-Old Son to Cocaine "
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, . . . you know what they say . . .
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!!!
(Just, . . . "sad" and "ridiculous")

tleeg

This is a shame. I really like Edward Furlong, i think he can be a great actor if he tries. He was AMAZING in American History X....its one of my favorite movies. Its a shame hes such a train wreck. I hope he cleans up.

KicksandGiggles

Love for your kid will drive ANYBODY to drop ANY addiction. Right now, he is not fit to take care of a sparrow, the judge is correct. If he loves his kid, he will decide his kid is more important than any drug or anything.

Ozzie X

Once TMZ loses interest in Lindsay Lohan this will be her in a few years.

ams165

It will be a Lindsay Loslam , Furlong Death Watch Exacta Box over the next few months...

taz

Dude, being a drug addict alienates you from your son and keeps you from working. You look like a bloated lump of dog ****. Why do coke heads always blame others when their lives go down the ****ter? I'm also talking to you Lohan.

!@#

How the heck can a 6 year old test positive for cocaine. This guy is a looser and could have killed his kid. Put you **** out of kids reach ass hole.

That Pop Life..yeah..

TMZ,why only half the scoop??I'd like to know exactly how did drugs get into the child's system. Please a little investigation can be "informative"for the enquiring mind...

Zanadu

As with anyone who is experiencing a downward spiral, my wish for you is to get the help you need............I wish you heartfelt success in doing that. And for Edward, even though I know you're not reading this, my thoughts go out to you to get some help, if not for yourself, to be a better parent. After the tragedy of all those who died in Conneticut............We are holding our children close.

Carl

He better shape up. The apocalypse is on Friday and we need him to lead the war against the machines!

Madeleine Perkins

His talent as an actor is enormous...another wasted life because of stupid choices. Hope he can recover.

Cheryl Richards

Poor Eddie...he looks like he's 50.

Tina

OMG! Look at him. He looks terrible. He was such a cute kid. Well, someone needs to help him, if they can.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments