Stevie Wonder to Charlie Sheen

I See Your $75K Cancer Donation & Raise You $25K!

12/18/2012 12:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

121712_stevie_wonder_launch
Stevie Wonder is following Charlie Sheen's lead -- donating a TON of cash to help a little girl fight cancer ... and not that size matters, but Stevie's check was bigger.

Stevie was performing at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. last Saturday when he invited 10-year-old Jasmine Faulk on stage -- and presented her and her dad with a giant $100,000 check.

Stevie crowned the gesture by serenading Faulk with a rendition of "Isn't She Lovely" -- so if you don't feel like getting teary-eyed ... don't watch the video.

Oh yeah, Jasmine also grabbed the mic and said, "I love you Stevie!" before giving him a big adorable hug. Take that, feelings.

TMZ broke the story ... Charlie donated $75,000 to Jasmine's fund last week when he caught wind of her story through his stunt double Eddie Braun. Eddie had already donated $25,000 himself.

As for the Stevie connection ... we're told Jasmine's father -- a Hermosa Beach police officer -- has worked privately for Stevie since 1997.

ria

Generous of you Stevie. Aren't you lovely?

youwantme

What? The fathers worked privately for Stevie since the 90s? How come he is just now coughing up the cash?

zzyzx

"I See Your $75K Cancer Donation & Raise You $25K!"

I don't think Stevie Wonder saw anything.

olu32

I love Stevie Wonder.That's awesome

Jordan

Between Charlie his stunt double and Stevie, this family will need so much more money to help with their fight, This is a great start in their fight, Job Well Done Guys.

jimi

if the guy worked for him since 97 why is he doing this now? after two other people ? sounds like PR stunt. at lease the little girl is getting something out of it

Twiz

I could be wrong, but I dont remember the story about Charlie Sheen and his stunt double generating

some guy

I think the reason the check's so big was so Stevie wouldn't miss when he signed it.

Cheryl A.

I always loved Stevie Wonder, now I also ADMIRE him. He is WONDERful. :)

That Pop Life..yeah..

I think that's beautiful,but is'nt TAX-season coming up?Sorry guys but something is suspect here....

verlinda

Some people on here are so fvcked up. When a celebrity fvcks up money you say...oh give it to charity. Then when they give it to help, some say it is a PR stunt, or why a white girl. How many of you donate to charity instead of b i t c h i n g What a sorry azz bunch

Tony626

Youre the king, Stevie! Dont listen to these naysayers, $100,000 is a lot of cash no matter who you are.

Firedawg

I have cancer, but no celebs are sending me checks. Oh well.

cindi

Opinionof1 I love how you assume all white people are racist. Many they just don't like you because you appear to be a very close minded, uneducated person...which there is no room for in this country anymore. It seems to me that you are the racist here and maybe you should move somewhere that is willed with people to your liking. And I would outright call you the name you are so eagerly praying someone will but it would be a waste of time because you know exactly what you are.

Aisha

This really made me cry .. I am so happy that there are people out there to help people in need.

People lets not judge weather this is for publicity or anything else i from my point of view think this is a great generosity from Charlie and also from Steve now, and lets hope the little girl fights the cancer as she deserves to live a happy healthy life.
Love from far far away :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments