Kris Allen

Seriously Injured

In Car Crash

1/2/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0102_kris_allen_instagram_hospital"American Idol" winner Kris Allen and his pregnant wife Katy were in a head-on collision car crash on New Year's Day.

Allen, Katy and their dog, Zorro, were all in the car.  Kris suffered a broken arm. Katy suffered some injuries. The dog is fine.

It's unclear how far along Katy is in her pregnancy, and there's no word if the accident had any impact on it.

Kris sounds optimistic about the baby though -- he tweeted, "Thank you @Ford for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family safe ... and the little one we have on the way safe."

Kris's mom, Kimberly, says Kris is in a lot of pain and may not play guitar for awhile.

0209_celebrity_injuries_tall_footer

jonathan in nyc

he shouldnt have won american idol. he was the least talented of the top 20. adam lambert should have won and kris should have been elimated long before everyone.
this guy is just damn lucky, winning american idol, selling records with minimal talent, minor injuries in this accident and etc.

chasman

why the f^%ck do i even care??!?!?!??!

memeL

Reading the headline, it sounded all so much worse. I know that I can sure live without Kris playing guitar or performing for a while. The MOST important thing is that these kids (to me, they're kids) are okay, their injuries are fairly minor. Hit head on, could have been a whole different outcome. My prayers are with Kris and family, extra that baby Allen is okay. I rarely feel an attachment this strongly for any celeb, but Kris is not only an entertainer, on Idol & in interviews, I surely can actually feel the love in his words for his wife, and now his little family. VERY personable young man and his wife is so sweet. I wish them all the best and all are in my prayers for a complete recovery. God bless & be with you always, Allen family. (including the pup as our pets, of course, are our family also)

madeleine

hope he has a speedy recovery and congrats for the baby to come :)

Angel

Glad everyone is ok, but I don't know about that look on his face in that picture. :)

Elizabeth

A broken arm is not being seriously injured that is stupid- TMZ writers-

And Kris looks horrified in that picture, it is too funny! He is another one of the old American idol winners that disappeared- till now.!

Amanda

So glad he's not more seriously injured, all of them actually. His dog and his wife, especially because she's pregnant! They're such a cute couple! Really glad their doing well.

Sami

Praying for that boy, I love him so much, his tour was supposed to kick off on jan. 8, he assures he'll be there for his fans. I am worried about his playing guitar though. Ironically tour is called "OutAliveTour", that title literally suits the situation now. Wish him a fast recovery now.

Pete

LOL!! What a freaking LOSER!!! Quick let me run the car into a tree then you take a picture of me and tweet out the picture so I can get press. Who the hell tweets out a pic of themselves. His stupid wife took it. How seriously injured is that? Yes the ass wipe actually had his ho wife tweet out the pic. LOL.

Peter Gozinya

What were the serious injuries? A broken arm, get real.

bobby

does anyone buy his cds?
never thought he was that great..
adam lambert was the real winner and bet his income is bigger than this guys..
what a joke american idol has become,
i won't watch it anymore..

Maryann

he broke his arm, he didn't lose a limb for crying out loud.

Maryann

he broke his arm he didn't lose a limb for crying out loud.

Sonia47832

what Tara implied I'm amazed that some one can get paid $4195 in four weeks on social network . have you seen this at wow42.com

Sonia47832

what Debra implied I'm amazed that some one can get paid $4195 in four weeks on social network . have you seen this at wow42.com

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4