« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I'm Changing My Tat ...

If Sanchez Keeps Sucking

1/8/2013 9:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0108_rex_ryan_sanchez
Jets
nightmare QB Mark Sanchez better clean up his act if he wants his jersey to stay on Rex Ryan's arm -- so says the head coach, who claimed he'll ink a NEW number onto his infamous tattoo ... if Mark doesn't start playing better.

Rex was questioned about the tat during a news conference today -- and Rex joked, "Obviously, if Sanchez doesn’t play better, that number’s changing. That’s a given."

As we reported, Rex unveiled the bizarre tattoo while on vacation in the Bahamas last week -- a tat of what appears to be his naked wife wearing ONLY a Mark Sanchez jersey.

0104_mark_sanchez_Rex-Ryan_wife_tattoo_article
During the news conference, Rex insisted the tat's just a coincidence -- claiming he got the ink job long before Sanchez came to the Jets.

Rex said, "It’s funny. It’s actually a tattoo I’ve had for like three years ... I’ve been married for 25 years, and through my eyes, my wife’s the most beautiful woman in the world. So that’s what it is."

For reference: here's a list of every other player to wear #6 for the Jets ... Bill Demory, Bubby Brister, Joe Prokop, Ray Lucas, Doug Brien, Kellen Clemens, and Reggie Hodges.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

dreamer4u

what "man" puts another mans name on themselves? maybe someone needs to come out of the closet

anbeithioche

how about changing the quarterback?? don't give a damn about ur tat.

me

I don't understand a grown man getting a tattoo.

Throwback kid

I'm surprised Rex Ryan didn't get a tattoo of Mark Sanchez's feet! Ryan has a serious foot fetish, a couple of years ago some of his home movies surfaced, Ryan came off as more than a little creepy in them

She's baaaack

Rex, let me tell you my friend, there are only three living beings that you ever have inked onto your body; your mother, your child, or your pet. Period.

js11505

Best make an appointment now.

static

I honestly don't know who is more delousional Ryan or the imbeciles who decided he's a good coach.

NoBrains,NoHeadaches.

He should get a 1 next to The 6 and make it a Namath jersey.

Los Pepes

Note to Ryan
Make an appointment now

Quinn

Uh, LONG BEFORE Sanchez came to the JETS?! "It’s actually a tattoo I’ve had for like three years"
---- This will be Sanchez's 4th year.

Stpn2me

Actually,

His wife is milf HOT! But why he put her on like this is sort of puzzling to me. And her feet are nice!

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

I'm sure his hot wife is getting nailed by some of the players, and he doesn't know it...ha ha.

Macker1283

I know the TMZ staff doesn't watch sports, too busy stalking. But Mark Sanchez was drafted by the Jets 4 years ago, so if Ryan said he got the tattoo 3 years ago, how did he say he had the tattoo "long before Sanchez played for the Jets"?

ts

That's just creepy to put a specific players number on your body, especially when you work together.

WTF

And we care about his tattoo why?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments