Britney to 'X Factor'

I Quit, Y'all!!!

1/10/2013 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-britney-spears-tmz
Britney Spears
will NOT be a judge on "X Factor" next season -- and it's entirely her doing ... TMZ has learned.

We have unimpeachable sources who tell us Britney loves the show but wants to focus on her music ... which she is doing right now.  Britney is in the studio recording her 8th album, with some help from Will.i.am and producer Hit-Boy, the brains behind Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris."

One of our sources tells us ... "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music."

We're told after she completes the album, Britney is seriously considering going on tour again.

Walking away from $15 mil ...Yeah, she's that rich.

010912_britney_spears_x_factor_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

TheRealMe

1st

AlwaysOnTimeB

Britney is always good for coming out with really catchy songs, however, that song that she did with Will.i.am is garbage!

Phreaky

Records and tours are where she makes her money. An album will produce royalties for decades. This is a smart move for her, but I hope she's not being forced to do it by her leech of a boyfriend.

Jim in Cali

I only saw this a few times but Brit seemed bored on the show. At least she made money off of Simon tho so props to her.

KnuckleDragger

I missed her on "X Factor". Oh, that's right...I don't watch X Factor. But I'm happy for everyone that's happy for her.

Jay W.

Elvis wants his sunglasses back in Graceland.

...Simon is gonna miss that sexy girl!

Jennyfrenzy

What's X factor?

Church Lady

Fired.

Annatude29

Someone who has no talent has no business judging a talent show. Ohhhh....wait there's generally no talent on X-Factor. Noooooo.....this was perfect!!!

Brent Jorgensen

Kudos to you Britney! Keeping it real has always been what you're about, girl. An inspiration to us all -- black, white, EVERYONE!

lisamorunning

Who is Simon and what is xfactor? I know who Brittany is. I get one out of three.

ugh..really?

It's britney bitch

Throwback kid

I hate to say this but Britney is yesterday's news, no one cares if she is on X factor or if she comes out with another album with her auto tuned voice. The only way she can salvage what is left of her career is if she does a duet with Justin Bieber or Harry from One Direction.

Sparky

I watched X Factor and I don't think she's worth 15 million. As a judge, she was very boring.

thestupid