Charlie Sheen

Cuts $12k Check

for Paparazzo's Funeral

1/10/2013 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-charlie-sheen-chris-guerra-tmz
Charlie Sheen is covering a huge chunk of the funeral costs for the paparazzo who died while covering Justin Bieber ... cutting a $12,000 check to the photog's family ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... 29-year-old Chris Guerra died after being struck by a car in Los Angeles on New Year's Day while taking pictures of Bieber's car.  We're told Guerra will be laid to rest in a private service set for tomorrow

Turns out, Charlie is tight with a former photog who was friends with Guerra ... and got word that the family was trying to raise money to cover the costs. So Charlie, being Charlie, sprung into action and grabbed his checkbook.

0109_charlie_sheen_check_wm2
We contacted Sheen about the situation, and the actor gave us the following statement: "A tragic incident like this erases the line between the photographer and the subject. It's an unforgiving moment that begs us all to be human and work as one to prevent this in the future."

He continues, "As parents, we are all not supposed to bury our children. My deepest condolences to the families involved."

pw_opinions

Really like what Charlie had to say and of course his actions

JC

And that is why people love Charlie.... but Damn... I wish I was rich enough to have a "Pocket Account".....

Teresa

Im not a big CharlieS. fan, (dont dislike him either), but the media made me kinda not like him, when he was going thru his hard time (which every1 has), but I think he's an amazing Man. Some1 commented that JustinB shouldve paid that expense....why should he??!! Not being mean, but I dont think JB shouldve paid b/c this man did kinda snitch on JB...Well, hope he R.I.P. tho & Im praying for the victims fam

nero777

Charlie is the man not everyone can pull out 12 k like that.. Besides the kid who died was right Beiber was smoking pot plus might of been right about a couple of diff things you never know ..

VICTOR

I am willing to donate 100 dollar for each dead paparazzi. Go kill'em, the world will be a beter place.

Buddy The Elf

For a complete freak, the dude sure does some really cool things with his money.
(Aside from the hooker and drug ragers, I mean.)

KB

The guy is a s***bag, pure and simple. No different than Chris Brown when it comes to abusing women and terrorizing people. He is a narcissist, an addict, and a liar. The same with his attorney

Jamie0910

I think its kind of him, his comments show a better more human side of charlie!

valentina

Wow. I never really liked Charlie before, but this is a true act of kindness and generosity. Good job Charlie!

Twilightstar

Charlie maybe a bit of a dog and a playa but he is a straight up guy. He never lies. He tells it like it is. One thing I really admire about him -- He doesn't waste his money funding big charities for eye wash and photo opps. He has helped real people like this family. OK, OK I know he helped Lindsey too but.....What are you going to do...........She's a train wreck and Charlie is also a bit of a touch with a lot of money and a soft heart.

Twilightstar

I've got a pocket account too. I think there might be $1.37 in there. I'll have to check with my accountant (giggle)

SadButTrue

Makes me wonder how much money the goddesses got? MUST have been 6 figures

msmoeliss

Charlie may be f***ed up to all hell, but i still like the guy.

Chi

Rubbish! The photog killed himself. He should have watched before crossing the street. Served him right for harassing Justin. That's how they constantly harass celebs. Hope others like him will learn. Finally, something to make them have a rethink running after celebs as if their lives depends on it-Oh! Wait! It does! You guys pursued Princess to her grave and many others like her. Stop the press harassment. You endanger your lives and those of others. Anyway, well done Charlie Sheen! But they might still chase after you tomorrow.

DaveT

He does make some important points, it's easy to get caught up in the craziness of it all and not feel too sorry for intrusive slanderous entities such as paparazzi when something happens to them, but at the end of the day they're still people and still have families and Charlie made an important point on the sadness of parents who have to bury their kids, it's got to be one of the worst situations imaginable