« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Pittsburgh Steelers RB

BOOTED from Team

For Allegedly Attacking GF

1/10/2013 12:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0110-chris-rainey-getty
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey has just been fired from the team for allegedly attacking his girlfriend this morning in Florida, TMZ has learned.

Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert tells us, "Chris Rainey’s actions this morning were extremely disappointing. Under the circumstances and due to this conduct, Chris will no longer be a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers."

As we reported. Chris allegedly flew off the handle this morning in Gainesville when his girlfriend swiped his phone -- and slapped her in the face.

Chris has been charged with battery stemming from the incident. He's currently still in custody.

He's not some no-name bench warmer either -- Rainey scored two touchdowns this season for the Black and Gold.
 0110_chris_rainey_footballin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Jay

This is what happens when you deal with TRICKS! Damn she TRICKED him out of $625.000 for a cell phone. Damn How many cell phones can you buy with $625.000?
In the words of the late Great Fred G Sanford: You Big Dummy!

Jay

This is what happens when you do business with TRICKS! He was tricked out of a full time Job & $625.00 for a slap & a I phone 5. Wow! How many I phone 5's could you buy with $625.000 Damn that was dumb as Hell!

Keeda Kollins

It's just so sad how these guys are gifted and given what millions dream of having and they just throw it all away by beating up on there Gil friend or doing drugs or something else stupid it's so crazy. I have been fighting my whole life to make my life better and become known and get my name out there in the model and acting world there's no way I would screw it up if I had that opportunity just once

BamBamBeastMode

When you score only two touchdowns, you are a no-name-back-up...

RaisingStar

I wouldn't date a football player if I knew where to find one.

Mandi

Hey funny..2006 Santonio Holmes same charge (not released....2008 James Harrison...same charge...STILL A STEELER

meg

Coalburner got exactly what she deserved for affiliating with nigroids.

realitychecker

According to americanthinker.com, since 2000 more than 500 NFL players have been charged with crimes (above a speeding ticket) including domestic violence, gun possession, drug possession to murder. For such a small population, this is an alarming statistic. The owners better start paying attention to any player displaying "bad-boy" tendencies. There seem to be an alarming number of Jovan Belchers and Rae Carruths within the ranks.

Opinionof1

The Steeler politics have gone to sh!t. I live in the city and will find a new team. How do you keep an accused rapist? Not one or two but three women. They even kept the idiot who lead cops on a chase, damaged several vehicles and resisted arrest.

dash920

i miss the days when nfl teams only release players because they suck not because of they have anger management issues...
send them to counseling

I'm just saying

Next stop the Dallas Cowboys.... Lol

Ca2Az

Big Ben sexually assaults two females and gets away with it because he's their QB.

Bravo600

I would bet there is a behavioral contract this player was put on after his previous misdeeds. Employers can’t talk publicly about confidential employee issues. Maybe (yes, just speculation) he was told the next time his name was connected with violence, he would be gone. I have seen this happen at my workplace, and it appears on the surface that someone was terminated for one incident when it was actually an accumulation of behaviors left uncorrected. I sincerely hope the QB is on such a contract, too.

Mr. Blank

I find it interesting that they fired him for being arrested over an alleged altercation. Why not wait and see if he gets convicted and then fire him if he is? Especially considering how many gold-digging women out there who do their best to manufacture ways to get money out of famous and wealthy people. Something doesn't seems quite right here...

John

FINE. Maybe more of these bruthaz will leave these skeezaz alone. They are not worth it. Besides, there's too many nukkaz out here willing to s--- you dry. Seriously. It ain't worth it. I mean, who can find a virtuous woman?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6