Britney and Jason

They Broke Up

Over Kids

1/12/2013 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_jason_trawick_Article_4
Britney Spears
and Jason Trawick broke up primarily because she wanted to have more kids and he didn't ... TMZ has learned.

Sources directly connected to the couple tell us ... Britney, who is 31, loves her boys and desperately wants more kids.  Jason, who is 41, is "in another place" and does not want to start a family -- although he loves Sean Preston and Jayden James.  We're told the former couple argued frequently about family and this ultimately proved their undoing.

Our sources say ... there's something else -- dealing with the Britney empire wore at Jason and "took away his individuality."  Jason wanted to maintain his identity and one of the ways was to expand his business by taking on more clients (he's an agent) and making more money -- this didn't sit well with Britney.

As for settling up -- we're told it's simple.  There are no outstanding financial issues.  Sources say the house Britney just bought -- $8.5 mil in Thousand Oaks, CA -- was purchased solely with her money and Jason has no claim to it.

Short story -- it's a clean break.

Moment of Clarity

Crazy Town is a nice place visit - for sex but no one wants to stay there. You know it's true!

laffnbear

Thirty seventh

Lisa

Let that loser go he was riding on her. Coattail she was his meal ticket he won't do better I guarantee it

laffnbear

My wife and I divorced after 5 years because I chose not to have kids. I can support him.
I have never regretted the decision.

Jackie

His contract is finish with her....lol

Michelle

I think there is more to this story which is usually the case. Spears is supposedly in contract negotiations with Vegas honchos to headline her own nightly show. She had stated multiple times she "wants to get back onstage". So this is her opportunity. Who knows what Trawick thinks but maybe this bothered him.

CoRoNa-N-LiMe

if this is true then dudes a dumbass. see how good federline made out having kids were her?? id be estatic if she wanted me to plant a seed or two in her lol shes lookin mighty fine these days too..

LISA

I'm not surprised to hear they broke up. I hope it was what she wanted, too. Britney seems to be over medicated or unhappy (or both). Hopefully, she will get through this and get back to her old sweet, bubbly happy self. I wish her the best.

Gretel

Do you think that's true? They had discussed marriage but never got around to a serious discussion of having children from the union? That's usually a discussion point before the relationship advances to the marriage stage isn't it? I ain't buyin' it. There's more to it than just kids/no kids.

bb

Britney needs to find her a man who is not her manager/minder/bodyguard. That sort of thing hardly ever works out.

vanessa

OK here's what really happened.. He realized after
Watching X FACTOR. How BORING she is
And it opened his eyes. She was a real
Snooze on that show, dead weight
And he probably thought OMG let me outta
Here, I could be married to this robot

KicksandGiggles

True short story: The paid companion thing has gotten old. Doesn't want life and existence tied to being Britney's keeper. He has made enough $$$ to move on to a less needy girlfriend with no baggage and a free life. I ain't mad at him!!

lanie

I never liked him.. He just seems sleazy, like Jessica Simpson's baby's daddy.. I hope she holds up okay though.. I really like Britney and I am proud she has straightened out her life..

Perhaps Demi Lovato can help her remain stable?

Anyway - hopefully Britney won't rebound with any Adnan Ghalib/Sam Lufti--types..

DeeMaree

You see other "new" couples and you can see the happiness, the fun, that electric thing going on between them. They always looked like the old married couple, steady and reliable. If they had been crazy in love, they would have worked the issues out. Even in their breakup, cool, calm and refreshingly boring but certainly no passion about it. Jason seems like a nice guy but if being Mr Britney Spears wasn't his thing then it's best to move on. And I think most people, fan or not, have to be a bit wary about Britney's future without this man's steady influence, but I'm hoping Britney can keep the course.

Mike

It's good to hear that Jason Trawick is a successful agent who is getting more clients. Hollywood agents often make tons of money so Jason certainly won't need Britney's money.

Jason is a decent looking guy too so he'll probably find himself a girl who's better looking than Britney and be just fine. He might even have a new Hollywood star girlfriend before long.

Reese Witherspoon married her agent and I hear she's very happy. Then he can have kids with her if that's what he wants. Let's face it, a lot of guys are looking for women who have never had any kids with a previous husband. Nothing wrong with that.