'Real Housewives' Star

Sues for $2 Mil Over

Son's Horrific Car Crash

1/20/2013 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0120_Alexia-Echevarria_getty"Real Housewives of Miami" star Alexia Echevarria says she was inundated with medical bills after her son's tragic car crash and now she's suing her insurance broker for $2 million ... claiming her massive bills are all their fault.

Echevarria filed a lawsuit in Florida court against a company called Garcia Lorenzo & Associates ... claiming they dropped the ball when it came to executing her insurance policy.

Echevarria's 13-year-old son was in a "catastrophic" car accident back in 2011 which landed him in the ICU with severe bodily injuries, including a brain injury. In the suit, Alexia says thanks to GL's shoddy coverage, she was faced with millions of dollars in medical bills.

Echevarria claims that when she signed with the company back in 2008, she asked for a special type of extra coverage -- the exact coverage that would have helped curb the costs from her son's accident. She claims the company carelessly left it out.

A judge has yet to rule.

Classylady

She shouldn't have spent all her money on plastic surgery. She looks like. Ugly plastic. Yuck

Hereforrihanna

Ohhhh

Edith

She has the money!!! Why crying if you do.t need it.

buzz kill

That sucks, but she should have read her policy. Live and learn.

sophiastormy

Insurance is a scam

tenley

Wait, it was part of the coverage? That's on her.

lynkel

Give it to her....she almost lost her son. Bet if the shoe was on the other foot you would do the same. God bless the boy

Canadasux

Talk about "scr*wed in this life!"

Cheryl A.

She should have read the policy when she bought it. Too bad, so sad.

Dublin2016

I feel sorry for her son but she needs to be responsible here. She should have read the policy ALL the way through.

freaksober

These "Real housewives" need to wash the SHARD outta ther draws

EndZoneBum

Gotta read the **** babes!!! You bought what you bought

LISA

I don't watch the show, but what a shame they had to suffer through a horrible accident like that.

Unfortunately, many of us don't find out how good or bad our insurance is until we need to use it. I know I'm guilty of not always reading the fine print! I will be going over a few of my own policies thanks to this.

I can't imagine her bothering to sue without having proof she asked for the upgrade (email or letter or date if by phone). I wish her and her son the best of luck.

spectator72

Worst than gangsters a person is lead to believe they have more insurance than needed .Until a company has to pay .Those poor people hit by Sandy $10,000 for a loss of a house .. I hope this woman makes out ok because of a child . I hope she has all paper work stating extra insurance .
I come here to joke and read of stupidity but well wishes to Alexia and good luck

NYC

I think the homeless man who her son almost beat to death should sue them for $10 million. Alexia disgusts me!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments