« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

pat

The ANY QUESTIONS at the end and the way she did it was arrogant as ass.

The only thing missing was the hair flip, the snap of the fingers and dropping the microphone on the floor.

But she didn't miss the look at me pose and the skin tight designer dress. She did that really well.

Really really pretentious of her to do that.

I hope her half time show goes terribly wrong and ends up being a huge embarrasement.. She needs to be humiliated to the utmost level and put in her place.

It's too bad she couldn't be replaced. The time has come for the NFL to hire real entertainment.

Has anyone noticed that her hubby is staying out of it so as not to stoke the fire? Wonder what he thinks about it all. I bet he would say Take the money and run.

I didn't mind her before buy she truly makes me sick now.

TxGal

"Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

Really, so how come the other 2 singers performed live????

Cheri

I am so tired of these entertainers calling people haters because we have an opinion that is different from there's. The only thing that makes them at all special is A talent. Well everyone is special because we all have a talent but don't go around calling people names. So for all the entertainers out there when calling others names please look in the mirror, the person you see is really the one you are calling a hater!!!! BEYONCE

Anne

Unfortunately for Beyonce, she is not familiar with the poem that goes; "I shot an arrow in the air. It fell to earth, I knew not where.........." There are two things in life that do not come back. 1) a spent arrow and 2) spoken words. There is nothing she can do to erase the damage. It will always be said that she lip synced for the President's inaguration. No do overs in life. If it wasn't found out, she would have said nothing, so the intent was to deceive. Had said before that she would be lip syncing, we would not be talking here.

iamshizz

There are some very ignorant ppl in this world including Yu @Anne. The real ghetto and uneducated nitwit

moses

She had to be given a second chance on our country's song?? What a illuminati Satan worshiping ****!!!!! She will rot in hell with all of Hollywood for eternity

moses

TMZ LOOKS RETARDED AS HELL WITH THIS HEADLINE

MOE

There is nothing any of you miserable bent backwards hating ass hags can say or do to convince me to stop loving this woman. This bitch is EVERYTHING!

iamshizz

I like Beyonce but I don't give a flying fu** if she Did or didn't redo it. She doesnt owe any one of Yu anything, nor does she pay my bills. So Yu bitter low lives shud Jus get over yurselves

Enlightened

The only way to end our long national nightmare and save us from this ever-present media whore named Beelzebub -- uh, I mean Beyawnce -- is to set fire to all of the horse-hair manufacturing plants around the globe. This media swine will ONLY stay home with her PURCHASED BABY if she is forced to appear in public with her natural BALD HEAD, rather than have it adorned with acres of neatly groomed hair from the tails of Secretariat's kin. Take away the horse hair and Beyawnce and her fat thighs will melt from public view faster than the Wicked Witch of the West in a thunderstorm.

MOE

I just have to say I'm 19 & have never read so many immature comments in my life. People will continue to nit pick & reach for flaws til the day your 6 feet under. Mother ****ers are too fixated on negativity & living through other peoples lives they neglect the problems planted on their own turf. Say what you will about Beyonce but the fact still & will forever remain that she is way more talented blessed & successful than any of you will ever be. I'm sure she didn't accumulate such wealth & respect by sitting around trolling blog/gossip sites degrading individuals because of their educational background. I'll take a 8th grade education than pure hatred in my heart any day. Keep living YOUR life Beyonce, continue climbing.

There's a problem here

I never cared one way or the other for Beyonce although I liked a few of her mainstream songs. Lately I'm finding her to be totally annoying and looking quite white these days. So much for pride.

NOT ELMO

Me would nail her But me wouldn't be too happy about it...

hotbitch

Could she be ANY more narcissistic?!?!?!? I mean, really. I was over it when this stunt queen tried to upstage the entire inauguration. Who the hell shows up in a full-on evening gown dripping in emeralds at high noon?!?!?!?!?!? UGH. And then she does a press conference about herself?!?! I can't with this low IQ-having bitch.....

missbigshot

YOUR DRESS IS TOO SHORT. Everybody in front of her got to see her glory hole.

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments