'Storage Wars' Star

Commits Suicide

Days After Drug Arrest

2/12/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211_mark-balelo_facebook"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.

The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

It seems to me the though process that someone who commits suicide is a coward, and therefore is not deserving of any respect, mourning, pity or compassion is in itself a selfish and cowardly act.

A way of taking the easy way out and summarily dismissing them and what they have done without having the strength and courage to analyze what has to pass, come to terms with it, and allow themselves to mourn the loss of someone who was not of well mind, or in a difficult place in life that may truly never get better. It seems ironic to me. I have a hard time understanding why people feel the need to speak out and tell everyone around them how cowardly and selfish they feel someone has been in aftermath of a suicide. It's as if it's a defense mechanism, a form of taking the easy way out for those who are unwilling to face an unpleasant reality head on and come to terms with it and move forward. A rather selfish act of cowardice itself.

OICU4455

I have watched "Storage Wars" many times. He must have not been on the show that often because I can barely remember seeing him. Or was he on "Storage Wars Texas?"
I had stopped watching Storage Wars because I could not stand Dave Hester's narcissistic mouth. But i heard he was fired. If so, I will start watching again.

Lori

It's very sad that someone would think their world's over over something that can be fixed. Our household really enjoys Storage Wars. Condolences to loved ones of Mr. Balelo.

John F. C. Taylor

Sad that he felt the need to suicide. However, he was a featured player on a reality show. That does not make him a star.

Bob

So he took the cowards way out instead of standing up and taking the consiquences to bad at such a young age

Look Deeper

wow - storage guys live on the edge. Maybe he should have worked at Public Storage, less stress I hear.

LISA

So sad and shocking. I saw every episode he was on, and he was a great addition to the show. RIP Mark. My condolences to his family and fiancee.

Straight

Thought he was an ass on the show. Oh well!

T. Ferrari

It's hard to imagine what could possibly be so bad that you can't live with it, even worse the pain or shame that one suffers with that leads to such a drastic move. I recently lost my god son to suicide and there isnt a day that passes that I think these thoughts. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family left behind. R.I.P.

BROK BRONSON

I REALLY DON'T REMEMBER THIS GUY CAUSE HE WASN'T ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS. BUT ANYWAY I THINK THIS IS SUCH A STUPID THING BECAUSE ALL HE DID IS HURT THE ONES THAT ARE STILL LEFT ON EARTH. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY BUT NOT TO HIM FOR BEING A SELFISH STUPID IDIOT...

LINK

R.I.P Mark

david thompson

just another victum of us war on drugs it is so stupid oh wait so much money in it for judges prisons attorneyspolice department on and on

T. Ferrari

Peg

I'd say what a waste, but I think he just improved the landscape of "reality TV".

ajax

Who cares? Minus one pig!