'Storage Wars' Star

Commits Suicide

Days After Drug Arrest

2/12/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211_mark-balelo_facebook"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.

The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

Wardo

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Cindy

Sometimes being in the public eye is too much. Had he just been an ordinary man who was unknown to the public, perhaps he would have weathered the storm.

Gayle

It's sad to read something like this, although I have never seen the show. RIP

Garry

The "come-down" from doing meth. is horrible! Depression is the worst of it. Him, being just released from jail, you know he was coming down.
People, if you don't do meth., don't start. If you are doing meth stop and quit. It can be done! I got lucky and was locked up for 2 months. I thank that judge every time I think of it! When I got out, I "just said no" to every offer to participate. I still have a FEW of those friends, and they respect my being able to quit. YOU CAN DO IT ALSO! Just get mad and quit! Do it before you wind up like Blaleo, or one of several people I knew.

Garry

ftt

Who leaves someone when they said they feel they might hurt themselves??I guess the same type of person who said "Hey go take a nap that will make you all better.The GF sounds like a moron.

J.E.B.

Coming next,....a reality show about death, and celebrities who commit suicide. It will be really boring.

Trish

When people make that first choice to try drugs, whether by peer pressure, curiosity, etc., some wil start that downward spiral that eventually destroys the person. It is so sad and that is why we need to continue to stress to young kids what drugs can do. I remember when one city posted pictures of people arrested for meth and also how they use to look before becoming addicted. Maybe all cities should do that. To be 30 and look 70 after using Meth and other drugs brings home the destructiveness.

Lena

That was his brain on drugs.

Ralph Novak

Is this somehow a loss?

yikes

coward!

John F. C. Taylor

Sad that he felt he had to suicide. However, he was on a reality show and that does noty make him a star.

Steve

ohh well i thank he didnt want to look bad because he was a movie star on a tv show that was FAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..lol - all the auction shows are fake..TOTALLY fake everyone of them..

B. O'Bama

I bid $250 for the corpse

TexxCatt

Why is this posted again - over a week from when it happened?