'Storage Wars' Star

Commits Suicide

Days After Drug Arrest

2/12/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211_mark-balelo_facebook"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.

The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Allison

This is incredibly sad - untreated addiction kills - please get involved 12stepplanet.com - addictstoday.com - In getting the word out that there is a solution helping many people each year.

Horse13

How do you go from appearing on a "handful" of episodes to be a "star" of the show? Just wondering.

J

wasn't he the dumbass who though a nes was worth 6 grand

Sandy

I knew Mark and Elisabeth. I am shocked and so saddened to hear the news. I was out of the country and just heard. Mark was a brilliant business man and cared deeply for his friends and family. I am sad that he got into some trouble but this was not who Mark was. RIP buddy. My prayers Elisabeth.

Sandy

I knew Mark and this was not who he was. Mark was a brilliant business man and great friend. I just returned from being out of the country and his fiance told me what happened. I'm shocked and saddened. Mark helped everyone around him, he was generous and amazing. I feel that it's important to know that this was not a drug addict, nor a dealer. Mark was an honest businessman that simply got into something he shouldn't have. Mark touched so many lives and he is sorely missed. My heart goes out to you as well Elizabeth, you were his life.

Fransico

I have known Mark since 96 and he was always a hard worker. Mark had accomplish a lot while he lived in country. Yes he like to be flashy but the combination of the drug habit and to keep working harder and harder did a number on him. I had told him multiple times, he had a problem and can see redness from bleeding in the nose. I really feel sorry for the children that he left behind. He would tell me on his first born, how he loved so much and started some kind of savings account for her. Mark Balelo was a person that I always looked up to be as a business person. He was very very intelligent young man. He knew all my family members and I knew his. I just found about this and I just know how bring what happen to him to my Mom.
I just cannot believe this!!! Meth is such a dangerous habit.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13