'Storage Wars' Star

Commits Suicide

Days After Drug Arrest

2/12/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211_mark-balelo_facebook"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.

The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

pattie

I agree he isn't as good as barry! LOVE BARRY! Hate dave cause we all know the show is fixed but dave was the mogul. YUUUUP!

Thorn

Good, the dude was a low life s*** bag. I remember the first time i saw him he had a purse and he was flashing all his money to the other bidders. I was hoping he would get rolled for it later but alas it took a Nintendo to make him look like a fool.

Joey Boots

Any chance he was on Dorner's hit list?

Skeptical

If he were your father, uncle, brother, friend would you be posting negative comments about his death? It doesn't make you look cool.

jayman419

Imagine if recreational behavior wasn't criminalized. Imagine if cops went after criminals with the same level of determination that they show when dealing with drug users.
This happens hundreds of thousands of times every year. The outcome may not be suicide, but lives are still disrupted. People are still risking fines and prison, for nothing more than using intoxicants other than alcohol.
Usually the people aren't involved in TV shows, so it doesn't make the front page of a website seen by millions of people.
People who use intoxicants other than alcohol and don't hurt anyone but themselves shouldn't face arrest and imprisonment just because of their recreational choices.

Nostradamus

Well that explains where the stacks of cash came from, it was pretty obvious it wasn't from turning over storage units.
In fact, I think the storage game was a method of laundering drug profits. The first time I saw him flashing a 10K wad I suspected it was dirty money. That theory was reinforced when he bought every unit he could, regardless of price.
Nevertheless, this was very sad to hear. I didn't think he was the type to succumb to suicide, seemed too confident. You never know.
RIP Mark

Paulina1982

@ Katmandu..what u say makes a lot of sense. But sometimes users not only hurt themselves, they hurt or kill other's ..He's only got himself to blame. Still R.I.P

Paulina1982

*@jayman419*

tdr9

God bless you brother RIP

Greg Popoff

Suicide means he is going to hell!

Darth Kai

Lot of people out there worse off and tough it out...sorry, no sympathy in cases like this.

Ivan in Phoenix

One of my friends killed himself 20 years ago at Christmas and it still bothers me to this day. Very tragic day for Mark's family & friends I'm sure.

Slizzardone

Typical you can't do the time, don't do the crime..

DiM

May his fragile soul finally rest. : (

the_truth_hurts

too funny, the show is falling ave "YUUUUUUP" now this geek...he was an azzhole on the show, I figured someone would have beat the hell outta him...he thought a nintendo was worth $13,000..I almost pizzed myself when I saw that ep