'Napoleon Dynamite' Star

Twin Brother Lashes Out

MOVIE RUINED MY LIFE!!!

2/25/2013 3:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0215-carlos-ramirez-efren-gettyFun Fact: Did you know "Pedro" from the 2004 hit "Napoleon Dynamite" has a twin brother?

Not So Fun Fact: "Pedro" threatened to sue his twin brother for more than $10 MILLION for impersonating him without permission ... and now the bros don't speak.

It all came to a head in 2008, when Efren Ramirez (the real Pedro) sent a cease-and-desist letter to his brother Carlos Ramirez ... warning him to stop making public appearances as "Efren."

We spoke to Carlos ... who tells us he only started impersonating Efren at his brother's request, when Efren was "too busy" to make the appearances himself.

But Carlos admits he took things too far ... saying, "I did attend an event without his knowledge as I was being immature and wanted to get back at him for a personal matter which involved the girl I was dating at the time."

Carlos says the rift between the two got so bad, Efren's lawyer fired off a letter instructing Carlos to stop "interfering with [Efren's] personal and professional life" ... or else Efren would sue his brother for more than $10 million.

Carlos says he got the message loud and clear ... and started focusing on his own acting career.

Now Carlos is determined to put the past behind him and wants to salvage his relationship with his bro ... telling TMZ, "I would love to talk to Efren. Maybe even work together in the future. His support would be amazing."

He also says, "I think it's safe to say the magnitude of 'Napoleon Dynamite' and everything that has come along with it, has ruined my relationship with my twin."

As for Efren ... we reached out to his rep for comment who told us, "Efren prefers to keep what's between he and Carlos, between he and Carlos."

jen

Fun fact Jon Heder aka Napoleon also is a twin

Waka Waka Waka

Can someone say..HAITER IN THE HOUSE.... waka waka wakaaaaa........

coolflix

Apparently Carlos Ramirez plays a woman in a new Indie film called A-Guruphobia. Saw a pic on their Facebook page. Looks pretty funny. Www.facebook.com/aguruphobia is the page.

ceebee505

He was also in crank and crank high voltage. This guy is funny. He has been on alot of tv show and voice overs.

Pansy

Well THAT escalated quickly...

arale norimaki

gallagher 2?

superfire71

I knew Carlos from the Air Force (USAF) - RAF Mildenhall, UK. Alright dude IMO

HollywoodGurl

I commend Carlos for speaking up......this is a very sad thing to see....twins at odds and people that encourage them to be enemies....You should both grow up and bury the hatchet...family is really all you have when everything else fades away.

braintrain

I have the same problem with brad pitt

juicyyellabone

Career yea right gtfohhhhhhhh

jessyfish1

I ****ing hated that movie.

KLynn

Carlos hit on me 6 years ago, at 3am, at a Denny's in Tujunga, pretending he was his brother. Super classy dude.

Carlos

Vote for Carlos.

DaveT

Have friends and family who liked Napoleon Dynamite, and everyone's entitled to their own taste, but when I watched the movie it was like...."OK something exciting is going to happen any minute now.....OK now......OK maybe now......any minute now....um....now?"

Rebecca White

When I was read Carlos' and Efren's quotes, I used my PEDRO voice lol.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2