« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Returning to North Korea

to Broker Peace Deal

3/6/2013 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0306_jong_un_obama_rodman2
Dennis Rodman
is already planning his next trip back to North Korea, TMZ has learned ... and his goal ... Rodman wants to broker lasting peace between the United States and the DPRK.

Rodman's publicist tells TMZ, for all The Worm's life accomplishments -- the Basketball Hall of Fame, rebounding records, defensive player awards -- the NBA legend says securing peace between Kim Jong Un and Barack Obama would be his greatest honor.  Ya think?

The rep says Rodman wants to use his newly-minted friendship with Kim Jong Un to set the stage for a peace deal, convincing the dictator to engage in talks with Obama. He plans to return to North Korea in the next 6 months to host another kids basketball clinic.

And when he goes back -- Rodman will be a LOT more careful about calling Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung "great leaders" ... in fact, he wants to apologize for making the comment in the first place.

According to the rep, Rodman regrets complimenting the former dictators without fully understanding the extent of their human rights violations. The rep says Rodman is deeply sorry for offending anyone.

Who'da thunk ... diplomacy might be in Rodman's future after all.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bravo600

Does anyone else wonder how long it takes Rodman to get through airport security with all those piercings?

The Love Sponge

North Korea and South Korea need to play an ice hockey game against each other.

Buknekid

Sounds legit. Hey, what could go wrong?

tomas

Kim Jong-un's useful idiot, next that FOOL will be extolling their great government enforced regimen that eliminated obesity.

paul a.

Using a celebrity for diplomatic purposes is not as crazy as you think

mallball

DON'T GET ME STARTED! !!

4reallikecomon

Lmfao...this is like some comedy sketch.

Mikey

Stand With Rand!

21stcent

No wonder that want to nuke us. They think we are all like Rodman.

Mrugowsky

This is my comic relief for the day. A gem.

Phil

Wouldn't it be funny if he managed it. that would get a few backs up.

IndyMike

He has a better **** than OObama

Mumra the Ever Living

Stop giving this idiot former basketball player a forum. I know it gives you clicks, but he's an absolute moron who has no idea about what the North Koreans are all about.

DeeMaree

I hate most of these new stories. I don't want to talk bout Dennis and North Korea. Good Lord. And I don't even know that scarey looking 58 year old guy that died, RIP stranger.. And the Funky Bunch? Wtf? And the guy whose a girl who wants to fight, geezum Pete, let her punch someone. I think she's pissed at God and needs to get it out of her system. Really, the guy that's hating on Delta. Everyone knows Delta sucks but no one knows who this guy is. I can't post anymore at Vick thread or some guy blaming us for deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan is coming after me because Vick fought dogs or some such bs. And I've said all I think I can about Rihanna's butt. Is it just me or are most of these new stories just crap? I could go see Paris cheer leading now but I'm uncomfortable with the photogs after celeb kids. That leaves an unhappy bunny-an Easter story?-Ted Nutcase gloating over a foreign wacko-Chavez accused President Obama of sneakily giving him cancer-foreign leader's death; a tennis player with a hot girlfriend-what a surprise-or some sort of battle between two of those over dressed, overly made up, plastic surgeon's dream, housewife b i t c h e s from Hollywood or Jersey or Atlanta. Bleh. I'm sure it's just me. Think I will go get some cheese to go with my whine then see if Leonardo does any other impressions than Jack.

nipples mugee

I thing Rodman found a sugar daddy and is taking large amount of money from this commie.