« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Returning to North Korea

to Broker Peace Deal

3/6/2013 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0306_jong_un_obama_rodman2
Dennis Rodman
is already planning his next trip back to North Korea, TMZ has learned ... and his goal ... Rodman wants to broker lasting peace between the United States and the DPRK.

Rodman's publicist tells TMZ, for all The Worm's life accomplishments -- the Basketball Hall of Fame, rebounding records, defensive player awards -- the NBA legend says securing peace between Kim Jong Un and Barack Obama would be his greatest honor.  Ya think?

The rep says Rodman wants to use his newly-minted friendship with Kim Jong Un to set the stage for a peace deal, convincing the dictator to engage in talks with Obama. He plans to return to North Korea in the next 6 months to host another kids basketball clinic.

And when he goes back -- Rodman will be a LOT more careful about calling Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung "great leaders" ... in fact, he wants to apologize for making the comment in the first place.

According to the rep, Rodman regrets complimenting the former dictators without fully understanding the extent of their human rights violations. The rep says Rodman is deeply sorry for offending anyone.

Who'da thunk ... diplomacy might be in Rodman's future after all.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ishika khanna

Seems to be a perfect place to learn something new.. Here I can pick many things for my blog as I have recently created and its in progress. My blog is totally different from your blog. But still I want the admin to suggest me that how can I attract visitors to increase traffic on my blog. I would be really glad and any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Ishika khanna

Seems to be a perfect place to learn something new.. Here I can pick many things for my blog as I have recently created my blog and its in progress. My blog is totally different from your blog. But still I want the admin to suggest me that how can I attract visitors to increase traffic. Have a look here, http://free-songs.org/ on my blog and do suggest me if there is any requirement for any change. I would be really glad and any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

exlax

north korea needs more drd(denis rodman disease) hopefully they will keep him this time

Roman Moroni

This is real actual Sci-Fi; acknowledgement that kids should be barred from dictatorships

exlax

north korea must have cheap clubs and hookers for rodman to get seconds

Dr. Conrad Murray = HERO

This really isn't surprising. I've been saying for years that if there's one person that could bring the US and North Korea together in peace it's Dennis Rodman.

Diamond Goddess!

This is weird, but I had a vibe this was going to happen when I heard about his first trip.
Hey, if he can help, more power to him!!!!
Dictators L-U-R-V-E celebrities...and flattery.
I think it's kind of brilliant.
It's a version of using very beautiful women as spies.
(BTW, Un's wife always looks like a hostage every time I see her. She looked totally freaked-out, sitting at the basketball game with Un and Dennis.)

Gargamel

Kim Jong Un is not his father it won't surprise me if Rodman succeeds

Lee

So then Obama can bow down, apologize for the US and then give them South Korea???

Kaveman

this is about what I'd expect from an Obama supporter - pure and blatant stupidity

tdr9

We need more news

Jt

Oh man, Dennis Rodman brokering a peace deal? LMAS!! If anyone beieves that, they are as delusional as Dennis!! Want to buy a bridge I have for sale?

Dee

They may not have missles that can reach us now...ohhhh but. Wait until Rodman goes back over there....

Elle

What is that ninja smoking on? Time to take that tampoon out your as Rodman - you ain't no peacemaker...ninja plz.

Yup

Dennis rodman is a naive twit; he was shown exactly what the North Korean commies wanted him to see. He didn't see the thousands of people who STARVE every day in the north, they didn't discuss why the average north korean man is 4" shorter than the average south korean man due to MALNUTRITION, they didn't discuss why the north korean government sees fit to abuse, torture & murder it's own citizens if they utter 1 syllable against the commie government. He's a moron, and has the credibility of a pair of bozo's clown shoes...