« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron James

My Big, Fat ...

YOM KIPPUR Wedding!

3/7/2013 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0301-tmz-lebron-james-savannah-brinson
LeBron James has finally selected a WEDDING DATE ... which is great news ... for everyone except LeBron's Jewish friends ... 'cause it's all going down on Yom Kippur ... TMZ has learned.

We've obtained a copy of King James' "Save The Date" ... which instructs his friends to block out Friday Sept. 13 through Sunday Sept. 15 for the NBA star's destination wedding to fiancee Savannah Brinson in exotic San Diego, CA.

The "Save the Date" even came with a fun caricature of Bron, Savannah and their 2 children ... each dressed in their finest wedding outfits. Cute.

But here's the problem ... Sept. 13 is the beginning of Yom Kippur -- a high holy day in the Jewish religion in which Hebrews and Shebrews are supposed to fast for roughly 24 hours while praying their faces off in temple.

And for the record, James DOES have Jewish friends ... including the famous Rabbi Yishayahu Yosef Pinto (pictured below) ... a man known around New York as the "Rabbi to the Business Stars."

0306_lebron_and_rabbi_sub

The good news ... LeBron will probably save a bunch of cash on the buffet.

Mazel Tov!!!

0307_lebron_ballin_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Nostradamus

This Pinto character is a joke and should be an embarrassment to the Jewish community.

Kimberly Barnett

i really don't care what day they decide to to get married!!i am just glad and happy to see him get married to a black woman!!

Tricky

Are we in the US or in Israel???

Tricky

I want my country back from Israel... A free country!

joy

Guess it doesnt bother her that he has a love child with a Cleveland anchorwoman who was fired from her job when they found out she wasnt just covering sports news. After that (Sharon Reed?) Moved to Miami to follow LeBron & shack up in a nice place on his dime..I mean hu$h money.

Mrugowsky

Black jews just aren't natural. With him it seems very inauthentic and out of convenience.

Ely

13/15/2013 ?????

Rose

Can someone please tell me what Kristin Cavilarri has to do with this story! Why is her picture at the top by headline?

joblady

They can get married whenever they want, but I really take offense at the anti-semite who wrote this piece!
Hebrew, shebrew??? Really?? The people who would really appreciate the money that they'll save?? This was incredibly offensive and small-minded.

Peg

"The bad news ... he won't be able to brag about the savings to the people who would appreciate it."
EXCUSE ME?!?

Donna epstein

that was the most inappropriate article as are half of the responses..

DANNIELLE

I AM SO HAPPY AND UPSET AT THE SAME TIME. I REALLY REALLY THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOING TO BE MS. KING JAMES, LOL. BUT I AM ALSO HAPPY. HAPPY THAT HE IS COMMITT TO HER AND HIS KIDS. EVEN IF I HAD THE CHANCE I WOULDN'T TAKE HIM FROM HIS FAMILY. **** YES I WOULD. LOL CONGRATS LBJ

DARLENE

How rude. This is an insult to every Jew. Yom Kippur is not a day to pray your face off, but a day to make your peace with God and we do not need to hear about the savings.

doctorb4

well, i guess i wont be able to make the event. sorry lebron.. Neither will amare stoudemire.

jim Kraskouskas