« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Poker Champ Arrested

In Female Prostitution Sting [UPDATE]

3/15/2013 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0315_greg_raymer_getty_article
update_bar
11:13 AM PT -- Despite initial reports, cops say the sting did NOT involve "male" prostitutes ... but rather prostitutes of the female variety.

0314_divider_graphic
World Series of Poker champ Greg Raymer -- aka the FossilMan -- has been busted for trying to bury his bone ... after allegedly soliciting a prostitute online.

A rep for the Wake Forest PD in North Carolina says Raymer was popped at a Wake Forest hotel on Wednesday.

Police say the 48-year-old poker legend was one of six men who responded to an advertisement posted by an undercover cop on a website frequented by prostitutes. The men have since been released on $1,000 bond.

0315-fossil-man-mug-shot
According to Raymer's website, he is currently married.

Raymer -- famous for his lizard-eye hologram glasses -- won the 2004 World Series of Poker main event. He reportedly owns a nearby NC house valued at nearly $1.6 million.

0817_poker_shark_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

buzz kill

Totally disgusting.

OooooNooo!

He was hoping to be all-in but busted instead. (the only pun I can come up with)

Elsa

Poker? more like Poke-him

buzz kill

I will see your bone and raise you too.

me

Sounds like entrapment to me. But I'm not sure if I want to play with the same cards and chips he's handling.

bernergirl

I feel bad for his wife.

vighorois

The undercover cop felt violated that he could only attract this type of customers that he ratted them out.

Soboojie420

Ummmm ewwwwww.. So disgusting when men cheat on their wives,

Majestik

So can he now sue you for the initial post you put up about a Male prostitution ring? If I was him, I would. Doesn't matter if you changed the heading, you first reported it was Male. BAD TMZ, yet again reporting without actually doing some investigating.

KicksandGiggles

His facial features are all scrunched together. Cheez, no wonder he can't get action direct person to person.

D-INCARNATION

They have no sense of humor down south...

Supr Dav

Exactly wrong TMZ.

thugzilla

Police said they conducted the operation "as a pre-emptive measure to combat the nationwide growing trend of prostitution."

Took this from WRAL.COM local news in Raleigh NC. Seems to me that the cops placed the adds for illeagal acts, so why isnt this some type of entrapment?.

SDnRnRoll

It was ladies NOT dudes fwiw.

LISA

Good grief TMZ! That's a pretty big screw up. It's wrong either way, but how many people saw the article before you corrected it? Chillax on being first already - accuracy trumps speediness!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments