Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer

Target In Witness Tampering Investigation

3/18/2013 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_lindsay_mark_heller2
Lindsay Lohan's attorney Mark Heller is in the crosshairs of a possible witness tampering investigation ... after allegations surfaced that he tried to manipulate Lindsay's former assistant into lying on the stand ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the Santa Monica City Attorney will be launching an investigation and will interview Lohan's ex-assistant Gavin Doyle tomorrow in the presence of police.

We're told ... prosecutors believe Heller may have approached Gavin and tried to get him to admit that he was the one driving the vehicle when Lohan's Porsche crashed into a big rig on Pacific Coast Highway last summer.

TMZ has learned Gavin has told multiple people about the alleged witness tampering ... including an officer of the court.

As for Heller, he has strongly stated that any accusation of witness tampering on his part is "crazy."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

seamus

First?

IwuvTMZ

We heard it from Mr. Lohan already.

jackmama311

if lindsay can't be near drug addicts, does this mean dina will be staying away?

Lucky_130

I dont see what good this will do now, the firework show is over

Ellie G

Damn, this man is a moron.

GJ

I HOPE THEY INVESTIGATE LOHAN ALSO. I BET SHE HAD A HAND IN THIS ALSO.

Master P

Anybody who would try to convince that this Heller guy did NOT serve as the template for Lionel Hutz on the Simpson's wouldn't a very strong case. His case would be hellered.

StarryStarryNight

LOL!!!

Laura

I've thought he has tried to "manipulate" people since he became her attorney. He was trying to suck up to the Judge, the Prosecutors, etc. It was just so transparent. Probably another reason the Judge had called him incompetent.

ketjo

That's it TMZ One dribble of story at a time....more hits that way......forget Heller though get back to the evidence the DA had...I'd love to hear what they had her own.....Makes her look more moronic and more a liar then she already is....

pat

When does this turd (Lohan) start rehab? Is it left up to her to present herself to the center in a couple of weeks or is she on her way there right now?

Phreaky

I had an attorney tell me to answer a judge by saying _____ and I immediately said "I am not going to lie to the judge". I didn't tell "officers of the court', tmz, reporters, and everyone that would listen. Just an FYI Gavin.

HoTMZ

What a sleazy lawyer. I hope he gets disbarred. Such selfish unethical behavior. Why should Gavin volunteer to take the lame and get in trouble or Lindsey????the ego, selfishness...unbelievable really.

ketjo

She asked the money man to get her off and keep her ass out of jail.....and she got what she asked for.....sort of like a Irish curse...got her wish but it has its own twist....2 yrs of hell for Lindsay at least . the One punishment she will never survive......she''' run before she goes into rehab You watch...

Suzy Q

It's called an "informal deposition"!

They met for milkshakes.