Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene

West Hollywood Condo

Up in Flames

3/22/2013 1:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

3:30 PM PT -- TMZ has learned, a candle was responsible for starting the fire.

12:16 PM PT -- A firefighter tells us ... Ashley, her boyfriend and her brother were out late last night and were sleeping when the fire broke out on the living room sofa.  They ran out of the apartment, and then realized the dogs were still there.  The 2 men tried to get back in to rescue them but couldn't.  We're told Ashley wanted to keep the dog that died, so firefighters wrapped it in a sheet and gave it either to Ashley or one of the 2 guys.

11:50 AM PT
-- A firefighter and a neighbor on scene just told TMZ ... one of the dogs died at the scene ... under the bed.  We have been told a second dog is expected to be taken to Animal Control ... to be checked out. And, we're told several other residents tried to fight the blaze with fire extinguishers.  They were covered in soot.

11:15 AM PT
-- Residents in the building who live near Ashley tell TMZ ... Ashley's brother and assistant had been going in and out of the condo all morning.  One resident says she heard glass exploding in Ashley's condo.  The woman says Ashley's toy fox terriers were inside the unit.   As we reported, one dog was definitely saved.

"Twilight" star Ashley Greene's home has been burnt to a crisp ... after a fire ripped through her West Hollywood condo, TMZ has learned ... but luckily, one of her dogs was saved.  We know Ashley has 2 dogs, and we don't know the status of the second.

Marlo is a girl and Theo is a boy ... we're not sure which died.

At least 10 fire trucks swarmed to the 7-story building moments ago to extinguish the blaze. The full extent of the damage is unclear ... but a photo agency has released shots of the aftermath inside the apartment.

We don't know if Ashley was home at the time.  One fireman told TMZ ... the fire started on a sofa.

Three people were treated for minor injuries.



No Avatar


That bitch is so irrelevant and broke ,she tried to burn her house with her dogs in them,to get the insurance money.She should be prosecuted for extreme negligence and animal cruelty.!

543 days ago


I am crying as I look at my dog thinking about how horrific it would be to lose her in a fire. A piece of me would have died along with her!

543 days ago


Fire starts in sofa....10 bucks says it was from a cigarette accidentally left to smoulder within the sofa cushions.

543 days ago


RIP little pup. :(

543 days ago

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD    

I wonder if it was crack or meth they were smoking.....?

543 days ago


Wow, that's sad. My prayers go out to her and her friends.

543 days ago

Mike in WEHO    

Lived in the building. It is old and always thought a fire trap. Elevators didn't work and the homeowners fee were over the top. She was pleasant but had a lot of traffic in and out of the building and her dogs barked a lot. Chris Rice, Anne Rice's son (interviews with a vampire) lives on the top floor penthouse. Other stars and celebs in and out of the place. The service in the building sucked.

543 days ago


I'm confused...The beginning of the article says they were sleeping and rushed out of the apartment. Then the second to the last paragraph says "we don't know if Ashley was home at the time...Huh?

543 days ago

Chelsea Hudgens    

omgosh Ash :( I am so sorry...

543 days ago


What kind of a person FORGETS they have animals in a BURNING house?! Oh, right, a ***kin' idiot, who's so doped up they don't care... until they REMEMBER. Hope she never gets over that guilt.

543 days ago


That's a weird story. At first it says the brother and assistant were gong in and out all day, but then it's the brother, boyfriend and Ashley were asleep. Was the boyfriend or the assistant there and were they asleep or going in and out. And who leaves your dogs in a fire. That's like leaving your children.

543 days ago

Master P    

Let's see.... Where do I start? 1) Why exactly would a supposed 'STAR' be living in a disgusting, run-down 30's condo? 2) Who in his right mind would be asleep at 11 AM on a friday? 3) Insurance premiums have to be raised for women, because honestly, what guy would leave scented candles burning on his sofa overnight? Hell, most guys would't even have a sofa. And 4) wouldn't you bark for your life if you were a about to become a roasted Chihuahua? And 5) do you get preferential fire department treatment because you notify 911 that you are a celebrity and are entitled to 5 surplus fire engines?

543 days ago

antonino roca    

She should have made the final and noble sacrifice, the poor dog.

543 days ago

Blue Lake    

Kind of ironic for Ashley to live in WeHo when she supported Prop 8, the anti-gay proposition. In the midst of that, TMZ ran pix of her driving into Chick-Fil-A. What goes around, comes around.

543 days ago


Ryan, yummmy

543 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web