Ashley Greene

Inconsolable

After Condo Fire

3/22/2013 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0322_subasset_ashley_01
Cradling her dog's dead body, "Twilight" star Ashley Greene was utterly heartbroken at her West Hollywood condo this afternoon ... after the whole place went up in flames.

TMZ broke the story ... the fire pretty much destroyed the condo and one of the actress' two dogs perished in the blaze. Ashley can be seen holding the dog's body in the video, wrapped in a sheet.

0322_ashley_green_video_launch2
As we reported, Ashley was home at the time with her boyfriend and brother when the fire broke out on the living room sofa. They were sleeping at the time, and quickly evacuated before anyone was hurt.

Once they realized Ashley's dogs were still inside,  the two boys rushed back to save them ... but couldn't. One dog died, the other is expected to be taken to Animal Control to be checked out.

0322_subasset_dog_ashley_03

who dat

Sofas don't just combust by themselves. Somebody was smoking or worse to start the fire.

meena

I agree with all the other comments- it is absolutely disgusting of you to post pictures of that moment (& a video, wtf?). I like you for your up-to-date news but this is low.

It's Dave

Sounds like someone fell asleep on the couch while smoking a cigarette. Couches seldom burst in to flame on their own.

wow

I am sorry for her loss; I've been there myself. But, good god TMZ, what is wrong with you people? How do you all sleep at night?

wow

I am so sorry for her loss; I've been there, holding my dog, and it is horrible.

But seriously TMZ, how do you all sleep at night? Geezus! Bad, bad, shame on you all.

soandso111

What kind of sick f*ck would take pictures and videos of someone in such a vulnerable time?? I hope Ashley can find love and support elsewhere as she tries to move on from this disaster. So sorry to hear about the dog. :(

Killmonokill

Tmz you guys are ****ing heartless for this one... Smh

Britt

So sad :(

Purple Crayon

Who's the creep who took these pictures and, presumably, sold them to TMZ? Shame on you for posting them!

dreamer4u

Befor ethey "ran" out in their drunken stupor at 12:00pm in the afternoon...who the heck sleeps that late? GRAB YOUR FRIGGIN PUPS!! How rude..

CJ

Who is her boyfriend, I just read she's dating Ryan Philippe??!

Kat

I never comment on this site, but felt I had to because this is just wrong TMZ. I can't believe that you posted these pictures. DISGUSTING.

Alli

That is so sad. Those poor precious babies. I am so sorry for your loss. And to all your neighbors. :(

kronenburg

Did she scream, "F*** off" when she saw the camera? It sounds like somebody did. And if she did, good for her!

LAgossipwhore

That's really sad about her dog. I'd be devastated. I concur with the other commenters and say someone was smoking something on the couch. I also heard that this could be Ryan Phillipe.