TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene

Condo Fire Officially

ACCIDENTAL

3/25/2013 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0325-ashley-greene-fire-inside-tmz-3
It's case closed for the Ashley Greene condo fire ... TMZ has learned, the devastating flames that ripped through the actress' L.A. apartment Friday have officially been ruled an accident.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, the L.A. Fire Department and the insurance company -- all of which opened an arson investigation -- are in lockstep ... the fire occurred as the result of carelessness.

TMZ broke the story ... the fire started when an unattended candle accidentally lit Ashley's living room couch ablaze.

Building sources tell us, at least four neighboring units were significantly damaged from the blaze.  Insurance agents are expected to stop by today to start the claims process.

As we previously reported, Greene, her boyfriend and brother were all sleeping in the condo when the fire erupted. One of Ashley's two dogs perished.

19 COMMENTS

No Avatar
1.

IwuvTMZ    

Just blowing smoke.

475 days ago
2.

Truth    

SO IF BOZO THE CLOWN KNOCKS OVER A CANDLE AND SLEEPS IN THE OTHER ROOM THEN IT'S ACCIDENTAL TOO?? GUESS THAT'S ONE WAY TO RID THE DOG SHE DIDNT WANT... OOPS!! #TRUTH!!

475 days ago
3.

Queen.of.the.Obvious    

I can understand saying that it's an accident as far as it not being arson. But, really, leaving a candle unattended that caused massive damage, and potentially threatened people's safety and damaged their homes, shouldn't be written off as such a helpless accident. An unattended candle, is somewhat negligent, imo. I highly doubt the four neighbors whose homes have suffered a ton of damage, who are no displaced until repairs are made or they move, and who probably lost a lot of personal property, are so easily dismissive of this.

475 days ago
4.

TEAM LAMMY    

Thx! TMI! TMZ!

475 days ago
5.

FlamingoNut    

Accidental = stupidity, who knew?

475 days ago
6.

AllMe    

dummy! did you not realize a candle can start fires? hope you learned your lesson. use air fresheners next time

475 days ago
7.

Bravo600    

I must be totally out of the mainstream. First, I had to look up who she was – OK, current actress. But second, how many stories can TMZ post about this fire. She left a candle burning; no one was hurt. Enough, already.

475 days ago
8.

Martina    

An unattended candle is NOT accidental. A candle is lookign for trouble. Stop buying candles please. This pig should be in jail for what she did. And she walked out and didn't even think about her pets. Should she be beaten and in jail...pig.

475 days ago
9.

Truth    

BITCH IS LUCKY IT'S HER 1ST CLAIM. SHE'S COVERED AS IS THE OTHER OWNERS UNDER SUBROGATION RULES. ONCE THE CLAIM IS DONE YOU CAN BET CHO ASS THE INSURANCE CO. WILL DROP HER AS A CLIENT. NO 1 WILL WANT HER AND IF THEY DO HER PREMIUMS WILL BE 10 FOLD. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

475 days ago
10.

PureRadiance    

Sheesh , lit candles -dangerous. Poor pup. A disaster that could have been avoided a dog death that didn't need to be. Sad.

475 days ago
11.

OVOlover    

ya cuz couches just blow up in flames -_-

475 days ago
12.

magentapyramid    

My deepest condolences to Ashley for the loss of her beloved pet.

475 days ago
13.

Sarah    

I'm failing to see where it says "SHE" lit the candle, had any knowledge of it, or anything. There were two others in the house. She could have known nothing of the candle, asked someone to blow it out and it didn't....we dont' know the cir***stances. It's a horribly sad situation.

474 days ago
14.

sophiastormy    

A candle. Started it. How many times will tmz report this story

474 days ago
15.

Stevonez    

Two candles one crotch... FIRE...!

474 days ago
| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web