Pat Houston

Cops Called for

Suicide Scare

3/26/2013 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0326-pat-houston-tmz
Whitney Houston
's sister-in-law Pat Houston was moments from taking her own life ... or several family members thought when they called 911 -- only to discover it was a huge misunderstanding.

TMZ has learned cops and paramedics rushed to Pat's home in Alpharetta, GA today -- after receiving calls from people close to her who thought Pat had tried to commit suicide.

Here's what happened ... hours earlier Pat had posted on her Facebook page, "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges. And for the first time in my life…I’m tired…and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."

Sources tell us several family members saw the post and were immediately concerned ... they began calling and texting Pat but got no answer. Then they went to her house, found her passed out in bed next to a pill bottle ... and decided to call 911.

We're told as soon as cops arrived, Pat woke up and explained she had simply taken pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and then gone to sleep -- unaware so many people were trying to contact her.

We're told Pat informed everyone ... she was never suicidal, the Facebook post was a result of stress.

Law enforcement tells us, Pat was taken to the hospital -- as a preventative measure -- and released a short time later.

morones84

Please stop trying to get more attention off of Whitney Houston's death. Patricia is really sad to me. The book heat is over,the reality show heat is over!..let Whitney rest in peace and focus on your life. Now I understand that a death of a love one is hard to get through but seriously Patricia had her 5 minutes in the spotlight...sit down somewhere.

tdr9

We need more news

StraightFromTheHip

Misunderstanding? Yeah, right!

Truth

KARMA'S A BITCH... SO THE FAT MOOCHER AND ENABLER OF WHITNEY FOR LIKE 17YRS IS FINALLY ADMITTING HER GUILTY ASS CONSCIENCE IN KILLING THE SINGER. IMMA SURE A DRUG SNIFFING DOG CAN FIND A FEW DIME BAGS HIDDEN AWAY... THE SAME TYPE SHE AND HER MINION FAM GAVE TO WHITNEY THE NITE SHE CROAKED. BITCH IS STILL MOOCHING OFF WHIT AS HER SO-CALLED "EXECUTOR" TAKING IN LIKE 9-10 GRAND/MOS. #TRUTH!!

GoldenAngel

That is a fishy story if I ever heard one one

dc or nothong

Pat Houston don't have no peace she has something to do with Whitney Houston's death I don't care wat ppl say she knows what happened to Whitney Houston

jj

They should have taken her to a good dermatologist. That hideous pimply forehead ...... oh my ......

Jackie

Skank....I don't care. stfu at least. You're no body.

Dee

It sounded suicidal to me.

David

Damn. Why is this news?!!! She is a nobody, and nobody loves her.........

foreverOnline

Need attention much?! Coward. someone that really contemplates suicide would never put it out there on social media. WHAT A MORON.

Imejia

Those in-laws are just a bunch of leeches. I consider Pat Houston Whitney's number one
enabler.

rob

Misunderstanding? That sounds like suicide note to me. I guess Pat wants all of the attention. I still believe she had something to do with Whitney's death. But I guess she is stressed out considering she doesn't have a source of income since her boss died.

STAYCLASSYSANDIEGO

this might be the most useless story in the news in the history...of all mankind.

Simone