Pat Houston

Cops Called for

Suicide Scare

3/26/2013 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0326-pat-houston-tmz
Whitney Houston
's sister-in-law Pat Houston was moments from taking her own life ... or several family members thought when they called 911 -- only to discover it was a huge misunderstanding.

TMZ has learned cops and paramedics rushed to Pat's home in Alpharetta, GA today -- after receiving calls from people close to her who thought Pat had tried to commit suicide.

Here's what happened ... hours earlier Pat had posted on her Facebook page, "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges. And for the first time in my life…I’m tired…and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."

Sources tell us several family members saw the post and were immediately concerned ... they began calling and texting Pat but got no answer. Then they went to her house, found her passed out in bed next to a pill bottle ... and decided to call 911.

We're told as soon as cops arrived, Pat woke up and explained she had simply taken pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and then gone to sleep -- unaware so many people were trying to contact her.

We're told Pat informed everyone ... she was never suicidal, the Facebook post was a result of stress.

Law enforcement tells us, Pat was taken to the hospital -- as a preventative measure -- and released a short time later.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Kristi Ortiz

this **** is cuzy

dst888

A well thought out stunt for attention. No real intentions of committing suicide. For some strange reason, she wanted to see how much attention she would get if people thought she'd done as Whitney unfortunately did. Whitney's still being spoken of. Jealousy???...Sad

MYSTERYDATE

If I was family, I would've responded the same way. Good response, now get her some help.

jbey

The reality show in my opinion was her idea. It to me was a rare spare show - pathetic.

I wonder what Whitney would be thinking if she could see all the lengths these people are going to, all in the name of raking in $$$$$$$$.

Whitney said on Wendy Williams radio interview that she was a private person, did not like intrusiveness into her private life - these people are from a different ''mould''.

One thing I will say is that Whitney Houston will forever be remembered, these ''also rans'' shall be forgotten and that is their problem!

Sherina Melton

I just can't believe that had to happened to her. I hope that she will get will soon, because I don't want her to be like whitney houston that she did all of those drugs like that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5