« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ric Flair

Son Dead at 25

3/29/2013 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0329-facebook-reid-flair
update_bar
We're told authorities received a call at 10:35 AM from someone who said he found an unresponsive person in a hotel room.  Homicide detectives responded and found Reid, who was already dead.  We're told there does not appear to be foul play.

gray-bar-update
The 25-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair is dead.

Flair's agent tells TMZ, "We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC."

The agent goes on, "The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing."

0329-subasset-ric-flair-2
Reid was an independent wrestler who was wrestling in Japan over the last few months. He even wrestled a few times in WCW as a kid (see video below).

Reid had issues with heroin in the past, and was arrested in 2009 for possession.

Ric's agent says, "No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Roman Moroni

RIP - very disturbing

EasilyHard

Thats awful.

Sociopaths are Sad

God, another junkie. Yuck

YouDontSay

It has not been confirmed on how he died yet there are ignorant jerks putting down drug users. Wait and see before you make asses of your selves. Or wait too late.
My condolences to the Fleihr family.

bart

SO SO SAD TOO YOUNG R I P

kenblazed

25 ? ...Smh

Joy

I not really a wrestling fan, haven't watched it since the 80's, but always thought Ric Flair was one of the best entertainers around. My heart goes out to him and his family on the loss of his son.

Lee

Well...you live by the heroin...you die by the heroin...
RIP...(really irresponsible putz)

HillbillyHell

Whoooo.....

Mrugowsky

Just another day and another o.d. Sad but at the same moment Boring.

Bhullings

My condolences to the Hall of Famer Ric Fleihr and the hole family on the pasting of Reid

jeff

I can't believe this story. Ric Flair will always be my hero. I feel so bad for him. This is a death of a loved one, not a stupid story about what some kardashian did today. I met Ric when he was The Heavyweight Champion in WCW. Ric Flair and Peter Criss are the two nicest, and humble celebrities I've ever met. I'm PROUD to be a fan of both of them. WOOOOOOOOOO!

Lisa

I don't know that exact truth how his son died. One thing I do know is that this world lives off sex, drugs, and money. I don't see love

LadyN

His is awful news. I remember Reid when he was a little kid and he could wrestle (amateur style) so well. I just knew he would eventually follow in his father's footsteps. It must be so heartbreaking to get this kind of news. I have sons around that age and I would be in a ward if something happened to either of them. My deepest condolences to the Flair family. Ric is going to be a huge mess.

Terry

When you kick smack and then go back and try to start where you left off do us a favor.Have burial insurance andh ave all your bills paid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments