« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Magic Johnson's Son

Goes Public with BF

Parents So Proud

4/2/2013 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040113_ervin_johnson_launch_v4
Magic Johnson's 20-year-old son hit the Sunset Strip, hand in hand with his boyfriend ... and his parents couldn't be happier for their kid.

Earvin Johnson III -- aka EJ -- is one of Magic's 3 kids.  The Lakers legend tells TMZ, "Cookie and I love EJ and support him in every way."  Magic goes on, "We're very proud of him."

The feeling is mutual ... 'cause EJ told us he's been "hoping and praying" for his dad's team, the Los Angeles Dodgers, ever since Magic and his business partners took over the franchise.

He's also a huge Lakers fan ... obviously.

EJ -- who's a student at NYU -- has a close relationship with his parents. Back in August, Magic tweeted, "Thx to my son EJ for hosting me at NYU. Look forward to taking him to dinner tonight in the city."

0402_earvin_johnson_III_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MTG

I have absolutely no problems with the purse nor his flamboyance, but I do have a major problem with that fur. The fur trade is just such a cruel industry. Sickens me.

Mrugowsky

I doubt Magic is as proud as he claims. It's the politically correct thing to say that he's proud. His private thoughts are probably quite different.

BigMacIsBack

How ironic that Magic has HIV and also happens to have a gay son. Or maybe it's not ironic and I'm just a dumb ass. Lol either way, good for Magic to support him publicly. Although he does appear to be extra flamey... Lol

mary

dont let the purse fool you, he is a big guy and i would hate to see someone tell him he cant wear fur.

HillbillyHell

So you've sayin' he's gay!?

King Anton

I remember when Cookie was pregnant with him and the world wondered was he HIV positive. I gotta do that **** again?

Berserk

- Magic's kid is 20
- Magic found out he had HIV 22 years ago
Now we know why he's called Magic Johnson.

Kaaka

You know deep down MAGIC has to be PISS , You all know how ex -athletes are wired ,Its bad enough the son didn't walk the path of sports, Now Magic will not get any LEGIT grandkids of his own.. to see if any future ATHLETES would be in the making.

Diamond Goddess!

OH...MAH..GAHD!!!
(LOLs.)
WTF?!
This is what too much free money from daddy does to people.
(Seriously, where can you WORK-not werk--looking like that?!)
BTW--you do realize some have questioned where Magic got the HIV, riiiiiiiiiiight?
Jeebus!!!

Just_Me

Damn! Who knew!?? I mean he is flaming!

Proudad247

Congrats to both EJ and Magic. It's good to c parents who aren't embarrassed bc their kid is gay. Awesome job Magic and Cookie!! Tigers fans though!!!

LK

1 MORE RICH QWIFF WEARING FUR !!!!!!!!! GRRR

Amy

so freaking disgusted by all the comments I am seeing! And people wonder why it is so hard for gay people in our country. I say good for EJ. Be yourself, he is very lucky to have supportive parents.

Mick

That's cool! Considering Magic likes them TS gals. I mean just ask Eddie Murphy.

nonexample

Strength of character difficult to come by anymore...better than yet another story of a despondent suicidal kid with no support and a-lone. Not happy bout the fur tho.