« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Magic's Support of Gay Son

IS AWESOME!

4/3/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0402-kobe-bryan-ej-magic-johnson-tmz
Kobe Bryant is awestruck by a former Lakers star who rivals him -- Magic Johnson ... telling TMZ Magic's support of his gay son is a lesson everyone, including pro athletes, should learn.

TMZ broke the story ... Magic and Cookie are 100% behind their son, EJ, who is openly gay.  Kobe tells us ... "Of course Magic is supportive of and loves his son.  Why should anyone be surprised?"

Kobe says, "What I can't tolerate is a lack of tolerance."

The strong implication -- tolerance is not just limited to parents and their kids, but to pro athletes whose teammates may soon come out of the closet.

In case you aren't reading between the lines -- given Kobe's stature, his statement could have a huge impact on athletes coming out.

0402_earvin_johnson_III_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ABB

Dude! Tone down on the gay a couple of notches man. The only place to wear fur coats purses and p mardi gras beads is at a pride parades.

Rob

I find it morally wrong for the same sex to be together let alone get married, I grew up in a military family where we knew right from wrong and we knew Gay people were going to go to hell for there sins, and I truly feel the same way as I did along time ago .

I have a male cousin who is gay and a niece who recently revealed she was gay I do not like it one bit and when me and my soon to be wife have kids they are not going near them I do not want my future children exposed to that lifestyle .

What You Really Want To See

Kobe says, "What I can't tolerate is a lack of tolerance."

yeah... that and rapists. Unless the rapist is tolerant. I mean,... who would suffer an intolerant rapist?

cjb122

Lie from the pit of hell.

Gammy

With those pictures...I don't think he needed to come out, they already knew

anony

Let's be honest here: Magic has to be supportive publicly because of everything the gay community has done for him over the past twenty years.
But, privately, at home and to his friends, it might be a different story.
Professional sports are still VERY homophobic, and that's not going to change for a while.

maria

STHU Kobe....the only thing you support is your wife's shopping habits.

Foxute

I don't care if you like male or female but just don't act like a *****.

pattycake

what does this loser kid do to be supported other than spend money and walk around looking like an idiot?

pattycake

and he is obese...

hummm

he is free to be gay, but please stay in the closet... looking for better outfits.

buzz kill

Yeah right, every parents dream is to have a qu**r son. What a laugh.

ROTTIE

lmao! Would Kobe mind for his daughters to be lesbians?

Shannon

So says the guy who has gotten in trouble multiple times for using the F** word on the court? who cares what his opinion is!

RudeGal

I think his "support" inside me would be awesome, too. What I wouldn't give to lay down with this man.