Iconic Hollywood Hotspot

Sued Over

Alleged Rapes

4/4/2013 10:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0404_the_abbey_02
Two women have filed a lawsuit, claiming they were drugged and raped by employees of one of the hottest restaurant/bars in Hollywood -- The Abbey.

The club has been a fixture in West Hollywood for more than 15 years.  According to the lawsuit ... a gay woman who says she had never had sexual relations with a man was at The Abbey with her girlfriend in November, 2011.  She says she and her GF had a fight, which upset the alleged victim.  She ordered a drink at the bar and claims it was laced with a date rape drug.

The woman then claims she became impaired and a busboy allegedly took her outside and raped her.

Another woman -- who is straight -- claims she went to The Abbey in April, 2011, and was served a drink that was also allegedly laced with a date rape drug.  She alleges an undocumented worker at The Abbey then took her across the street to his car and raped her.

The women claim owners of The Abbey either knew or should have known that employees were allegedly slipping patrons drugs and then sexually assaulting them.

In the lawsuit  -- filed by Beverly Hills lawyer Robert Hirsh -- each woman is asking for more than $10 million.

The owners of The Abbey had no comment about the lawsuit.

Majestik

Eh? I thought the date rape drug made you so impaired you didn't know or remember anything? Maybe something else was used? Did either of the ladies get tested at the hospital and have rape kits performed. I hope to hell this didn't happen, if it did, I hope they pay through the nose and close the place down.

Danielle

And the women waited this long to do anything about it and are suing instead of going to the police and filing charges against the actual alleged rapist? Why would the Abbey know or condone rape, I highly doubt they would.

Mike44090

How are they going to prove something that they say happened in 2011. I hope they have some proof from a hospital or doctor, a police report visit, a police report or something, cause anybody can just make a claim they were raped. I'll bet they are willing to take an out of court settlement.

Danielle

I call BS on this story.

SoManyIdiots

Like the restaurant could possibly know that was going on. Frivolous lawsuit.

jimi

and you wait 2 years to say something????

Drew Hall

I hate that place. I gave a tip of 5 dollars for 3 drinks at one time and the bar tender added a 1 in front of the 5 to give himself a 15 dollar tip. I called to complain and NOBODY cared and said that non of their employees would not do something like that. They treated me like dirt when I tried to let them know about it.

LisaL

Now, I'm not saying that they weren't raped... but how should the employer have known that an this was going on??
That's like saying a principle at a school should've known that the students were going to get shot. Or that the theater managers should've known that some psycho was going to come and kill people during a movie.
F-ing ridiculous.

Ronron

This place is a trash hole,,and deserves to get sued,, this has been going on for a LONG time. Maybe now it has someone's attention. Now it needs to stop stealing money by writing in bigger tips on people's credit cards. Dirty low class thieves

John

But they will never be able to sue the attitude out of the place.

Cristina

What the hell does it matter if it was an "undo***ented" worker... A rapist is a rapist...Do***ented or not!
Racist!

@iAMTIMWILSON

$10 Million? May we please see a photo of these $10 million dollars a piece each of azz?

Cristina

Racist!

germs

Police report from 2011 or gtfo

TheEric

I hesitate to say a rape victim is lying, but I also have a very hard time believing anyone who takes two years to file a lawsuit

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments