Rick Ross

I'm Sorry

For That Date-Rape Song

4/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413-rick-ross-tmzRick Ross finally learned his lesson -- rapping about rape doesn't win you many fans or sponsorship deals -- and officially apologized for his date-rape track ... one day after Reebok dropped him as a spokesman.

Ross received a wave of negative backlash for a line in a song that said: "Put Molly all up in her champagne, she ain't even know it, I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it." Molly being slang for Ecstasy.

In his apology, Ross said, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets."

He added, "My choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize."

Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics. Obviously now, he's changed his tune.

0128_rick_ross_through_footer_v2

MC

bad guy

Fat Matt

"If it wasn't for date rape Rick Ross would never get laid"...

medallion

Rape Ross is a fake

James420

The lyrics are his"true heart" he's just apologizing to save what is left of his pathetic existence. He's a disgusting ogre. And why was rape the final straw for reebok-they were okay with ric ross' murder and drug dealing lyrics but date rape is what crossed the line. ..?? Anyone who gives this fat guy money has no respect for women, children, or themselves

Roscho

In terms of apologies, that is one of the better scripted apologies I've heard. He admits to it, owns it, and regrets it.

If somebody wronged me, and came at me with that, they'd probably win a 2nd chance with that rap.

MzDee2012

it was in poor taste, but there are far worse atrocities going on in this world than one line in a rap song

Papichulo168

No you're not. You're sorry you got caught.

dena2cents

Leave him alone, I've heard that song and they talk about all kindsa situation you wouldn't even know and people are singling out this verse outta all kinds of "offensive lyrics"?? That's stupid, don't listen to that kind of music if your not mentally strong even to get offended.

ceegii63

PUBLICITY

how ever they get it it sells Movies, Music, Merchandise

swack

Another idiot celeb backtracking on what he/she says/sings/writes. What I see is someone apologizing because he has been hit where it hurts - in the pocketbook. Maybe if these celebs would think first before putting their foot in their mouth they wouldn't have to apologize.

Joao

The most disgusting part is that it told Reabok to get that piece of sh1t's attention.. Black folks sure as hell aren't going to say anything--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would weep if he could see how his people had hit the skids.--no marching and looting are ever going to that mess around...
They're shot!!

Sher

Too little, Too late! It is IN you if you can sing a song like that. Most would never EVER even give it a moment of airtime!

still2easy

What a liar. All he cares about is $$

Liz

He's only sorry because he lost the Reebok contract. He can't take back the song, and Reebok is not taking him back either.

Poopsi47