Rick Ross

Bitter and Betrayed

Over Reebok Dumping

4/17/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413-rick-ross-reebokRick Ross is crestfallen over losing his Reebok deal because of that date rape song  ... but he's also bitter because he believes the shoe company owed him a second chance.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ ... Ross will lose between $3.5 million and $5 million ... he was getting a check each time he wore the shoes.

TMZ broke the story ... Reebok dumped Ross for releasing the song U.O.E.N.O., which includes the lyric: "Put Molly [Ecstasy] all in the champagne. She ain't even know it. I took her home and I enjoy that. She ain't even know it."

Ross issued a tepid apology ... suggesting the lyrics were actually misinterpreted.  He also pulled the song -- which was only on a mixtape.

But that wasn't enough for Reebok, which was taking heat from women's groups for keeping Ross in its stable of spokespeople.

Ross is telling people he was entitled to corporate forgiveness because he did so much for the brand ... bringing classic Reeboks back in style in the hip-hop community.

But Reebok was unmoved, saying, "We are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse."

In other words ... too little, too late, Rick.

0411_rick_ross_reebok_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

IwuvTMZ

Poor baby.

Cartman

Boo Hoo, stop promoting violence to women you fat bastard.

LDB

like anybody would every buy reboks just because rick ross was the spokesman...

Truth

ANOTHER FAT RAPPER IN DA POOR HOUSE. IT AINT OVER YET... JUST WAIT TILL UNCLE SAM AUDITS HIS TAXES LIKE ALL HAS-BEEN Z-LISTED CELEBS. THEN HE'S OFFICIALLY 6 FEET UNDER. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

Ivan in Phoenix

Nobody owes you anything, fat boy Ricky.

Azi

Rick Ross maybe you'll like my rap:

I put dumbass on my forehead.
I ain't even know it.
I am a big dumbass. I ain't even know it."
Nomo money comin home, I'm a dumbass, I ain't even know it.

Nothing to misinterpret Rick you're a dumbass!

barbarella

Don't worry, Rick.
Karma will be a coronary.

Demi

You can try that one to fatso : I lost my carreer , and I ani't even noticing,
I am a douche and I am enjoyning...
Cuz Molly makes me a nobody and I'm lovin' it.
And g to the neaarest Mc. Donalds to keep up that weight. Notorious P.I. G.

disembedded

Nothing but a sleazy fat loser.

Cynic

good for reebok now if they wanna pay me to wear their shoes ......

Blue Lake

Reebok's gonna suffer for this for a long time and that's good. Rick Fatso Ross should spend the rest of his life mourning his career and thinking about how he can do good for the women in his life. He is contemptible.

lk

I guess he thinks everything in life gets a do ever, too bad ****head, you ****ed up and now you're out of a paying gig, and that seems more important to you than the rape aspect of your "whatever" it is you do, certainly can't be called music.

Demi

I am sorry. Slow news tonight on TMZ and I keep getting back to this post . Doesn't he looks like he has an Al Roker going on in that picture? I betbit was taken after his stupid song and his forced fake apology to it. Dummy!

victory

Ross knew in his gut upon reading the lyrics that this piece of material would be inappropriate, yet, went ahead and recorded the single. The demographic that listens to rap music is HS and college age kids, it's not cool to glorify rape. Take responsibility like a man, Ross blew it.

Deco

Rick is stupid, he ain't even know it..........

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments