David Spade

Hey Reese Witherspoon ...

YOU'RE NOT THAT FAMOUS!

4/23/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

042313_david_spade_launch
Reese Witherspoon learned the hard way -- if you have to tell someone, "Do you know who I am?" ...  you're NOT as famous as you think you are, this according to David Spade.

Spade was leaving Boa Steakhouse in Hollywood last night when we asked if there's ever a good time for a star to drop the "I'm a really big deal" schtick ( a la Reese) ... and the "Rules of Engagement" star gave it to us straight.

"If you have to explain to someone you're famous, then you're technically not that famous."

#Truth.

JennJayTea

"You're not famous until my mother has heard of you" - Jay Leno

jill

Seriously david? and what is that NASTY facial hair? Ewwwwwww

tmzfan

I can't STAND David Spade!

woodin

of all the people to make a comment as such, Spade takes the cake.with my LA Friends/business owners in and around town. They think hands down Spade is the biggest prima donna going, pulling the "do you know who I am" attitude with them and the public.

At least Reese has diverse talents and a measured career beyond Spade's reoccurring 1 dimensional same sorry stick character role he manages to eke out for himself.

Sunset Strip Dealer

I would treat Reese like the drunken skeezer she is. Make her brown eye blue and and she will know my name. Hey Reese, drop your panties bitch.

hello

he looks like a cab driver to me

Mannie

She was drunk for crying out loud. Reese is sweet (acting wise) so I've decided to let it go. She obviously more concerned with getting her BF out of trouble.

Brian

I'd say Reese Witherspoon is famous though. Maybe the cop is just clueless. Or he probably knew who she was and didn't care. I think more people would have trouble knowing who David Spade is.

Goosemon2013

Got to admit the Dood has a good point!

boobymanz

Thank you David Spade. Reese is a rude b!tch who thinks she's the sh!t,but she's not. She's not even an A-Lister anymore. She's barely even a B-Lister now.

Az Heat

David Spade is from Az and his dad still lives here and his dad is a total a$$hole to people in restaurants! He expects things for free and is a total pig to female servers just because his son is famous!

vtajen

I can't believe people still stop to talk to David Spade! He is only known for being rude, crass and disgusting, so how is he relevant? While I think it was a dumb thing for her to say, she was DRUNK, so let's not be so judgmental because I think 99.7% of us have had moments just like hers. The only reason anyone can even say, "Do you even know who I am," is because our society has made it this way. We have made it so these people feel entitled and above us; now everyone wants to judge? Wake up hypocrites!! This shouldn't even be news.

Mr. Grimm

David Spade seems pretty cool for a famous guy. He will be himself and speak his mind, even if hes rich and famous. I like that.

Sam

He's jealous...I never heard of him winning an academy award. Reese Witherspoon has been in movies and playing main parts since she was 14.

Jordan

She won an Oscar I'm sure she's more well known then you David. You haven't even won an Emmy so shhh