Catherine Zeta-Jones

Enters Treatment Center

For Bipolar Disorder

4/30/2013 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0429_catherine_zeta_jones_getty_article
Catherine Zeta-Jones has checked in to a treatment center to get more help for her Bipolar disorder ... TMZ has learned.

We've learned ... the 43-year-old Academy Award winner checked in to the treatment center Monday ... and is expected to complete a 30-day program.

Sources connected to the actress tell us ... Jones' stint in the treatment center is a proactive measure. As one source puts it, "It's maintenance."

FYI -- Jones completed a stint at a treatment center in 2011 -- at the time, her rep said Catherine had "made the decision to check in to a mental health facility for a brief stay to treat her Bipolar II disorder."

Zeta-Jones was last seen in public on April 22 -- when she hit the red carpet at the 40th Anniversary Chaplin Award Gala at Lincoln Center looking healthy ... with her husband Michael Douglas by her side.

0429_catherine_zeta_jones_sub

Throwback kid

Maybe she is depressed because she realized Michael Douglas looks more like her grandfather than her husband?

tdr9

Stay strong Catherine! We love you

sophiastormy

At least she realizes she has a mental illnessand gets help. That's a good sign

malikj

Bitch ain't bipolar she 7:30

Barbarascy

I hope everything works out for her. I think it is great that she is being honest about her issue as well. Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of. I wish more people would step up and be honest about having these issues. They can get help and not feel ashamed about it.

IZS

Article says 'treatment center' not rehab......Quite a difference..

buzz kill

Douglas looks like he has been embalmed.

CyndiChainsaW

Good for you Catherine. You're modeling for others that it's ok to take a time out and seek help. Nothing wrong with that.

Swimfan

Is it wrong that Gnarls Barkley's 'Crazy' came into my head when I read this article?

Logan

Mental illness is no joke. I've dealt with it in my family because it's genetic. Awesome that she realized what was going on and got help.

lkelly816

I noticed that last Sunday at the dinner for the journalists in the White House Michael was there. She was not with him. Is entering a rehab facility for "whatever" now the new norm?

MTG

An inspiration to all those suffering from mental illness! Get well soon Catherine!

DJS

She's pretty, but looks way older than her 43 years.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Ha ha I love it when these conceited Hollywood morons, with all their precious money, end up going crazy! Think you're better than the "little people," lady? Well you're not. How does it feel to be cuckoo for cocoa puffs?

milmil