« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins

And The First Pro Athlete to Make a Homophobic Tweet Is ...

4/29/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_mike_wallace_article

... Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace!!

Just HOURS after NBA player Jason Collins announced he's gay, 26-year-old Wallace took right to Twitter to provide the first ignorant comment.

“All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH (shakin' my head) …”

30 minutes later, Wallace deleted his tweet and replaced it with a half-assed explanation:

"Never said anything was right or wrong I just said I don't understand!! Deeply sorry for anyone that I offended."

Fun Fact -- Dolphins are one of the few animals that engage in gay sex!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

elpablo

Oooh...here's another fun fact TMZ-- Canines have been observed to consume their own feces. That doesn't make it OK for humans to do so. Morons!

bomb121

I've just heard that Jason Collins has come out, as the first active, professional athlete,who is gay. I don't know what most people will feel about this, but as someone who's lived in Toronto most of my life, and have many gay friends, and, as someone who is open-minded, I appreciate how important this is.

I've always judged people on who they ARE, not who they DO. I celebrate this as a great moment in sports, as well as a great moment in humanity. I'm just hoping that my friends and family will think of this as significantly as I do.

Cheers,
Bob

Alicia

Some guys like big (and I mean BIG) girls Some girls like guys who tan and get mani/pedis some girls like girls who look like guys (aka hutch lesbians) and some guys like guys. besides, why are you complaining? If he's into guys, that means more girls for you! Quit your bitc#in!

John

This NBA flunkie was just released as a free-agent, his announcement was purely a publicity stunt. Dutifully, all of the liberal SP media run with it, suckers. Good for Wallace, except I wouldn't have appologised - most of America agrees with him, which is why gay marriage has lost EVERY TIME it has been on a ballot, even in the People's Republic of California. Oh, and half of TMZ's staff is gay, that's why they sound so angry.

OS2Guy

If a white player made the same type of bigoted remark about Collins he'd be suspended and fined. Will the NFL suspend and fin Collins over his tweet?

Adrian Sloan

Come on, I am not defending Wallace but I know where he is coming from (maybe). I have a lot of gay friends that I cherish and I have told them the same thing, half joking-half serious. Gay people should never be offended by this, I know my gay friends aren't; or maybe they're just too cool?

sinsitysports84@yahoo.com

God da**** Mike Wallace! At least catch a ball with your new team before you start acting like an a$$

Jacqui

That was not a homophobic tweet. Come on guys...that's REALLY stretchin' things.

Mee

"first ignorant comment"

THE MAN MADE A TRUTHFUL COMMENT,
WOULD YOU RATHER HEAR LIES ? and make it A WORLD OF HYPOCRITE POLITICALLY CORRECT PEOPLE WITH NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH !!

elvis singleton

there are stupid people every where, they seem to come out when others reach an honest moment in their lives, but ignorance knows no stable home except to berate others.

ylie

he just voiced an opinion, nothing wrong with that. I'm really sick of the media attempting to control us through lies and innuendo. I'm not buying it.

xjack30

Jason Collins who! Come on.....Jason knows his career was a major bust and he would never have been recognized had he not "come out the closet"..... at the end of his career. No one cares! And as far as Mike Wallace tweeting his opinion on the situation..... Dude you didn't say anything wrong! It really pisses me off that it seem like more and more in this country, that if you say anything about someone being gay your a bad person. Mike didn't say anything wrong, he just voiced his opinion.

V

People are afraid of the truth and afraid to speak about it, it's all about being "Politically Correct" they have people scared straight! Haha You fear the creation rather than the Creator. Everyone seems to glimpse over the truth about being gay or not care. That's ok. (Sodom and Gomorrah reveals it all). It's funny how the bible relates to the world of 2013. Same issues huh? Watch and Pray.

true

Just as I support Jason Collins for being who he is. I support Mike Wallace for what he has to say. This is America thats the great thing he openly admits he's gay people should openly be able to critizie him for it.

jlgrr

Mike Wallace said nothing wrong. This wasnt hateful, - all he stated was he didnt understand it. So sick and tired of people being demonized for their beliefs. This is coming from a white, female, christian, conservative. But before the "tolerant" who just read that and said, "figures she feels that way"--I also DO agree in equal rights for gay marriage! So sick of people trying to "guilt" people into believing in something. Just because some can't understand it, or their morals say it is wrong-doesnt make them evil and intolerant. These same people who claim to be tolerant, are some of the most intolerant in this country!!