« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins' Ex-Fiancee

I Had NO IDEA He Was Gay

4/30/2013 11:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0428_jason_collins_carolyn_moosThe woman who was once engaged to NBA star Jason Collins tells TMZ, she had NO CLUE he was gay at the time of their relationship ... in fact, she only found out last weekend ... and she was floored.

Carolyn Moos (who played a few seasons in the WNBA) dated Collins for seven years and was engaged to him until they broke up in 2009 ... after Collins pulled the plug on their wedding.

Carolyn tells TMZ, she never once suspected he was gay, so the news is shocking. She says Collins eventually revealed everything last weekend -- just days before his big announcement -- and said that his homosexuality was the real reason he ended things with her.

At the time of their breakup, Carolyn says Jason gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits ... and she could never understand what went wrong, until now.

Carolyn -- who's back on the hunt for Mr. Right -- tells us, "It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested 8 years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand."

She adds, "I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

HillbillyHell

Not Cool, Jason.

Rob Benjamin

Stnd by. Geore Clooney will be the next gay boy to out himself.

Lola

Im sick and tired of gays trying to force society into accepting something that the rest of us dont believe in! Sorry but if your going to hold hands or kiss your gay partner in public....then you ARE harming the rest of us, because I should not have to explain to my small children why people are acting perverse. Being gay is a form of mental illness and perversity...its the forbidden and people who do it are doing it to rebel. Gay people are destroying society for the rest of us! This basketball player was a dirty rotten piece of ****, to have taken 8 years from this woman, her prime child bearing years and to have lead her on, is dispicsble, he should not be getting ny kind of praise, its not about him, he deceived this woman into thinking they had a future, he likely was subjecting her to aids as well, Im guessing he was sleeping with men while with her. Gross.

Rob Benjamin

Stand By: George Clooney will be the next gay boy to proudly anounce his perverision

yougottobekiddingme

Carolyn Moos should date Manti Te'o they would make the perfect couple neither one of them have a clue.

Luc Martindale

In a few years, when she's old and washed up too, this will be a Michelle Obama headline.

Mee

Said "Looks and sounds like a transgender" are you implying that being a TRANSGENDER is SHAMEFULL & SINFULL,THEREFORE, HER REPUTATION WOULD BE INJURED ? BECAUSE I MADE NO SUCH CLAIM?
The main problem with proving defamation and/or libel/slander of character is the protection of free speech guaranteed by the First Amendment. Courts generally agree that opinion; no matter how malicious a comment may sound and made in this type of forum.
I GUESS the majority commenting here IN YOUR EYES would qualify as being "STUPID" AND ARE DEFAMING PEOPLE, YOURSELF INCLUDED.

Mee

The above response from Mee was for:

"Allspeakglory

who wrote,

That's libelous and stupid"

Sorry the response was placed in the wrong place.

BLH

It's sad to read that in 2013 people still think being gay is a choice. I will tell you with 100% certainty that it is not. My son just came out to his (very involved) father and I. He is 20 and had a girlfriend for 2 years trying to be straight. He was going to live a lie but realized it wasn't fair to his girlfriend. When he came out his Dad and I, we were sad for him because no one would chose to be ridiculed and hated. We vowed that we would always support and love him, and provide a safe haven for him in a world that sometimes would be cruel and misinformed. On a nice note, he has found that more people are educated and supportive. He hasn't personally had anyone be hurtful or cruel. Being gay (in most cases) is not a choice....I know it with 100% certainty. It has been scientifically proven!

JoeKlp

I hate how gay men always do this to women. Why can't they come out straight and tell the world they gay. Talking about the lies and the deceit by the gay people. Women deserve better than this.

mister natural

she didn't know he was a man loving man?
she didn't realize he was Black either

The Ump

Maybe.....just maybe.....he is NOT gay. Just wants attention.

Spanky

Feel bad for the ex. It is humiliating.

TruthandonlytheTruth

H o m o going around spreading AIDS ruining our civilization.

ylie

as always I'm not buying it lol! there had to be something, a moment in time, where she saw or heard something strange. let's be real. I think women are engaging in homosexual sex with men and think it's normal or something. if he wants it in the rear with you he's probably gay smh.